Chapter 5

Jughead had left Riverdale and picked up Jinx, going home to get ready for that night. He wasn't looking forward to doing a set at all and just wanted to be with Betty. He was exhausted and wanted to watch a movie with her and relax. He was tired of worrying about his dad and tired of having to get Jellybean to back off.

There was a knock on his door and he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He wiped a hand over his face, stepping out of the bathroom and to the door. He pulled it open, chuckling at Betty standing with an innocent smile.

"Hi," she muttered, stepping inside and kissing his cheek. "I probably shouldn't have come over or I should have at least called before—oh!" she exclaimed when he wrapped his arms around her, pressing his cheek into her hair.

He closed his front door and waddled with her to the couch, pulling her into his lap. He held her close, a content smile on his face.

"Aren't you going to be late?" she questioned, her voice slightly muffled since her cheek was shoved into his chest.

"Shh," he coaxed. "This is more important."

She giggled, picking her head up. "I think your show is more important, Jug. They can't really go on without a drummer."

"Pea knows how to play drums," he explained. "And I don't want to go. I'm exhausted. I'd rather watch last night's game and stay here with you."

"You watch football?" she questioned, brushing a curl out of his face as he nodded. "You don't look like the type."

"It's the converse, isn't it?" he joked and she laughed, kissing him quickly. "I'm gonna call them."

"Jug, you can't," she breathed and he sighed. "They need a drummer."

"Yes, Sweet Pea. Pea can play drums, and he can play well. I can't do a set right now," he confessed and she furrowed her brows. "I can't, Betts. I'm tired, I'm hungry, I want to stay home."

She sighed, climbing off of his lap. "Fine," she huffed. "But if they get mad, you're going."

"Oh, they're going to be mad," he smirked, standing up off the couch and grabbing his phone. "But I'm not going."

"What happened?" Betty asked, looking at the TV in confusion.

"He scored a touchdown," Jughead laughed and she glared. "Sorry. You don't know anything about football?"

"Jug, the last time I saw this, I was drunk." He laughed and she giggled. "No, I don't really know anything about football."

"Let's just hope no one ever quizzes you on it," he teased and she laughed, dropping her head on his shoulder.

She picked it up after a moment and he turned his head, their faces centimeters apart from each other. She bit her lip and inhaled deeply, cupping his cheeks and pulling his lips to hers.

She traced his lips with her tongue before she dipped it into his mouth and straddled his waist, pulling back to gasp in a breath before their lips met again. They kissed more fervently and she slipped her hands into his hair.

He made a move to kiss over her jaw and she froze, pulling his face back. "Not yet," she whispered before sighing. "I don't even know where that came from, honestly."

"If it happens to come back," he muttered, tucking hair behind her ear. "You can do it again."

She laughed, ducking her head. "Noted," she breathed and he smirked.

Betty hadn't lasted much longer and once he laid down with her on top of him, she was out like a light. He didn't have the heart to wake her and had eventually fallen asleep himself after draping a blanket over the two of them. Jinx had joined them after sometime, curling up by their feet.