The End

"What do you want me to say Xiao Zhan? Yes it's true. Ziyi and I are together".

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Xiao Zhan slowly came to. His eyes were closed but he could vaguely hear what was going on around him. Apart from the rhythmic beeping, he could hear someone breathing deeply. He felt a certain warmth wrapped around his palm...turned out someone was holding him. Could it be him? He struggled and after a long time, managed to open his eyes slightly. An unexpected blinding light assaulted his pupils, he couldn't see anything else. Slowly, his eyes began to adapt to the light, it turned out he was in the hospital. He looked at the person holding his hands, it wasn't the person he hoped it would be, instead, it was his best friend, Darren Wang.

Darren had always been reliable. Xiao Zhan felt relieved. As long as Darren was here, he was safe, he could give in to the fatigue and sleep without having any fears. Yes, he just woke up but his eyes were still very heavy. He only managed to open them to take a peek at who was holding him. He could neither move nor make a sound. Darren's head was down, Zhan couldn't tell if he was awake. At first, he was scared but Darren's presence changed all of that. Xiao Zhan closed his eyes, letting the fatigue slowly take over him.

Wang Yibo, that person's face flashed before Xiao Zhan's eyes and he felt his heart beating faster once more. Why wasn't Yibo here? Did he hate him so much? Was there no hope for them anymore? Could it be that Yibo wasn't aware he was hospitalized? By the way, how did he get here? He clearly remembered...

That day started like every other day. Xiao Zhan had gone for his lectures and went straight to work afterwards. His relationship with Yibo had been estranged for the past few months because he found out Xiao Zhan had taken an unconventional job and kept it from him. Xiao Zhan lived with his parents and they were well aware of his relationship with Wang Yibo. They had been together since high school, a total of 7 years. Wang Yibo was from a very wealthy family, he could be considered a young master. Xiao Zhan's parents were among the middle-lower class but they were comfortable. His father had just retired from his job and received his gratuity. He had no other savings so he decided to invest 95% of the money. Unfortunately, he fell into the hands of scammers and their fortunes turned overnight. He was no longer able to support Xiao Zhan through school.

In order to reduce his parents worries, Zhan decided to get a job. Meng Ziyi, Yibo's childhood friend got him one at their family's private club. Yibo had offered to help but Zhan didn't feel too good accepting handouts, it made his self-esteem plunge so he kept the nature of the job a secret from Yibo. He just needed to work for a few months and it would be over. Little did he know this would be the beginning of the end of his previously rosy relationship.

When Zhan started working, he found out the job wasn't as it was described to him. Rather than be a place where families could relax, it was an avenue for men and women alike to indulge in debauchery, it was also rumored to be a route used to launder money from a foreign country. Xiao Zhan tried not to get too involved in the workplace gossip, he did his job one day at a time, hoping to leave as soon as he could. Men and women alike made passes at him. Some of the other workers sometimes obliged them for a fee but Xiao Zhan could never do such a thing. He couldn't quit as he already told his parents to take things easy, saying he had a job and could fend for himself. Also, the pay was quite good, obviously Ziyi had pulled some strings. He just needed time to finish with his studies, he would get a proper job and take care of his parents. Knowing he was doing okay, his depressed mother got slightly better.

Talking about Meng Ziyi, Xiao Zhan took her as a friend but it turned out she had her eyes set on Wang Yibo. One couldn't tell if getting him that job was part of her ploy to separate them both. Yibo knew exactly what went on in that private club so he hated the fact that Xiao Zhan had been working there and kept it from him. Once he confirmed Zhan was actually working there, he felt uncomfortable in his heart. Ziyi watching the whole thing play out, knew a seed of doubt had sprouted in Yibo's heart. All it took was a little push to get them further and further apart. By the time Xiao Zhan finally saw through her ploy, he decided to come clean to Yibo, to work on their relationship.