Nightmares

A/n: Originally these oneshots were on my second account, but I decided to put them on this account instead. Anyways..continue

Dean Winchester doesn't sleep. If he does then it is only ever for four hours at the most.

Every time that he falls asleep or comes close to it he would see something. He would see someone. Someone he loved die, burning on the ceiling just like his mother had.

Tonight Sam had forced Dean to get some rest. He hadn't slept the last couple of nights because of the nightmares.

Dean knew that there was no point in arguing with Sam so he went to his room to try to get some rest.

But Dean couldn't fall asleep no matter what. Any time that he closed his eyes even for only a minute he would see someone on the ceiling, burning.

Normally it would be Sam, Bobby, and sometimes his mother would even come back and then burn, again.

This time it wasnt Bobby, Sam, or his mom on the ceiling. No. It was Cas.

~~~~~~

Whenever Dean would go to sleep Cas would come into his room and sit in a chair by Dean's bed and watch over him.

To some people it might sound creepy. But to Cas, all he was doing was watching over him. Making sure that he was safe.

Cas knew that Dean had nightmares. He tried to help sometimes, sometimes it would work, others it wouldn't and Dean would wake up in a cold sweat screaming Sam, Bobby, or even his mother's name.

Dean also knew that Cas would sit by his bed. At first it was kind of creepy, but after awhile he got used to it.

He knew that he was just watching over him, and to Dean it was kind of sweet.

So once Castiel knew that Dean and Sam were both asleep he walked to Dean's room, opened the door and went to sit in the chair beside Dean's bed.

~~~~~~~~

Dean and Sam had gotten back from a hunt. It was a small vamps nest. Nothing that they couldn't handle alone, so they told Cas to say at the bunker and wait for them to get back.

When Sam and Dean entered the bunker they called out for Cas but he didn't answer so they just thought that he had gone out for a bit.

The brothers decided that they should get some rest considering it was late and they were both a bit tired.

So Dean and Sam walked to their rooms and when Dean got to his he flopped down on his back eyes closed onto his bed.

Dean felt something hit the center of his forehead, so he sat up and touched his forehead and saw a dark red sort of liquid on his fingers.

And when Dean looked up to the ceiling to see where it had come from. There he was, stomach red with blood as he lay on the ceiling eyes wide. It looked like he was trying to say something but no words came out of his mouth.

Then the ceiling burst with flames. Cas in the center of it all.

Sam came rushing in, grabbing Dean and trying to pull him put of the room.

Just as Sam and Dean were in the doorway of Dean's room, Dean shouted at the top of his lungs

"CAS!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean woke up in a cold sweat. He looked from left to right frantically looking to see if Cas was sitting next to his bed.

And thank God, because there he was sitting wide eyed staring at Dean.

"Are you alright??" Cas questions worriedly

"Nightmare," is all Dean says

"Do you want to talk about it?" Cas asks hesitantly

"You were- You were on the ceiling... Burning, just like the rest of them," Dean's voice quavering as he speaks

"Do you want me to leave?" Cas says going to stand up

Dean puts his hand on Cas' leg stopping him from standing up "Stay, at least until I fall back asleep,"

Cas nods his head and watches as Dean lays back down and falls back asleep.

Still Dean has trouble falling asleep so he turns to look at Cas

"Cas?" He asks

"What is it Dean?" Cas asks looking at Dean

"Umm.. Do you think that you could umm.. lay down next to me,Dean's face flushes red with embarrassment

Cas raised an eyebrow at him. But nodded his head and took off his trench coat, jacket, and shoes, and laid down next to Dean. Cas' back facing Dean.

Dean decided to do take a risk and moves over closer to Cas so that Dean's chest is against Cas' back. Dean takes the risk of wrapping his arms around Cas and brings him closer to him if it's even possible.

Cas goes stiff for a bit but after a little bit he starts to relax.

After Cas relaxes a bit Dean closes his eyes and drifts off into a peaceful sleep. No nightmares this time, just peace.