14

This chapter was totally inspired by my best friend so you've gotta thank him for this genius chapter 😙😂
Oh and can we all agree on disliking Mazespin after yesterday?.

He rest of the day was filled with cuddling with George, signing merch, talking to the team and eventually P2. We ran some more programmes, trying to get used to the track more and being more consistent, eventually trying to set a quali lap.
"Be careful, Mazepin is in front of you, he's on his outlap."
"Copy." I replied before trying to get past Mazepin who didn't let me.
"What's up with this fucking guy." I shouted into the radio.
"I saw, I saw." My engineer confirmed which didn't help me in the slightest.
After being P11 I was more than frustrated. It wasn't bad at all, but I got there due to the other drivers performing less well compared to yesterday.
"Anna, it seemed like your practice was going well, what do you think?." An interviewer asked. I had found my way into the paddock that was filled with all other drivers.
"I mean, it could have been way better, there was traffic which made me lose a lot of lap time." I confessed while taking a sip of my drink.
"So, what's the goal for tomorrow?."
"Obviously getting a good lap time, hopefully as lot less traffic this time, the car feels good on the track, I feel like I got the grip on the soft tyres and speed to get a good lap time in so we'll see how things go tomorrow." I tried finishing the interview but didn't manage to do so since the interviewer seemed keen on keeping me there.

"Max." The interviewer shouted while looking over my shoulder, I turned my head and saw Max standing behind me.
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Max walked over and stood right next to me. A little bit too close for comfort.
"Max, you've obviously introduced Anna to karting, she continued growing and even got into F1, how proud are you?." She asked which infuriated me. This was outright disrespectful. Did they all forget I have a boyfriend?.
"Extremely proud, she's shown amazing progress and I can't wait for her to be by teammate one day." He answered with a big sample plastered on his face. Like we never broke up. I cringed internally but didn't want to show it so I just put on a fake smile again.
"Anna, we obviously are aware you and max broke up a while back, how do you manage to stay professional?." She continued her inquisition.
Okay it's official, I hate press now.
I put on my brave face and started talking,
"We're good, we are both in Red Bull managed teams and see each other a lot but we get along well, it's a risk you take when dating within F1but I'd say we're friends."
I was quite happy with my answer. Thinking it sounded believable.
"Well thank you guys, good luck with qualifying tomorrow." She finally finished, I gave her a friendly nod before leaving the paddock, Max following me once more.

"What do you want?."I sighed out of frustration.
"I liked your little speech, sounded like a real dream." He joked which threw me off. Why the fuck is he acting this way?.
My question was soon answered once I smelled the alcohol on his clothes.
"Wtf max, you're drunk?." My words were a mix of shock and confusion. How the hell did he get his hands on a bottle of liquor straight after practice.
"I might be, does it matter?." He questioned.
"Well if you're gonna have a hangover tomorrow morning I'd say yes." I answered while I kept walking  to my room in the motherhome, wanting to get ready for my date with George.
"So you still care huh?." He said sneakily, trying to get a reaction out of me.
"Max, get your head out of your ass, you've got P3 and Quali tomorrow, stop drinking and go to sleep." I advised, it was around 8 in the evening but I'm sure he would be out like a light considering his alcohol intake. How did he even manage to sound so sober during that interview?.
"Okay, I will but only if you bring me to my room." He slurred his words with a big smile on his face.
He's got to be fucking kidding me.
"Can't do, I've got a date planned with George." I shot back, hoping he would leave me alone,

"Guess, I'll find my way back to the bottle then." He said before walking away, his balance literally being nowhere.
"Fine." I shouted while he was walking, he turned around, showing me his proud smile.
I felt bad for Red Bull, it looks like they have been going through a rough time with Max so I decided to do what he asked so one of the team members was relieved of her /his duties,
"Let's go." I said, not amused at all by this situation.
We found our way to the room with occasional stumble coming from Max who could barely manage to stand, me needing to catch him so he wouldn't fall which he seemed to enjoy more than he should.
"Well, go rest." I ordered him before trying to walk out of the room which remained an unsuccessful mission due to Max grabbing my wrist and turning me around. Our faces inches apart
"He doesn't deserve you, you know." He half whispered, his eyes staring at my lips.
"Shit." I cursed. I completely forgot about my date.
"I gotta go." I said to him before getting out of his grip and somewhat running to my room where I found

"George, I'm so sorry, I lost track of time." I quickly explained once I saw George sitting on my bed in the moterhome.
"It's totally fine love, I decided to order some food." George said calmly, pointing at the sushi on the bed.
"You're a hero." I sighed while going in for a hug.
"Where were you anyway?." He asked while opening one of the boxes.
"You don't even wanna know, Max was drunk off his ass and basically forced me to walk him to his room." I explained while changing into some comfy clothes,considering I was still wearing my race suit.
"Why the fuck did he do that?." George exclaimed, his voice being a mix of confusion and frustration.
" I have no clue." I simply answered while sitting him next and grabbing the sushi off the bed.
"He needs to back off."
"You're telling me."

We ended the night with some movies and eventually I drifted off to sleep while laying on his chest.
P3 and Quali went well. I managed to get P6 which is higher than anyone expected. Everyone congratulated me and that definitely gave me some motivation to go for it today. George managed to get P11 which was the highest Position he's ever managed to get in a Williams.
While waiting on the track I decided to listen to some music, trying to get my nerves under control but I was rudely interrupted by my engineer.
"We've got a great qualifying position but don't forget that we've got some really good drivers behind us, remember what we've spoken to you about and everything will go great."
"Copy."
Once the race started I managed to hold position for the first 5 laps, after that a safety car was called oust after Latifi crashed into the wall. The safety car closed the gap between me and Charles and before I knew it i was p5.
"Great job, stay focused.'
"Are we still going with plan A?."I asked my engineer while focusing on the next turn.
"Plan A+ 10 laps." Signalling me that I had to stay out of the pits for a while.
"Max coming out of the pits."my engineer announced .
He got right in front of me but the gap was small, I got drs and tried to go for it, I tried to undercut him which Max didn't see coming, he turned in and that made me touch his rear which caused him to spin and hit the wall.

"Is he alright?." I asked my engineer straight away, worried he might have been injured.
"He's okay, just stay focused."
"Copy." I said once more.
I managed to hold my position and ended up P5.
Everybody was cheering and so was I. Pushing Max off the track wasn't the plan but he should have left some space for me.
After my interviews I went to the Alphatauri garage where I was quickly met with angry Max.
"What the fuck was that out there." He screamed, not caring if anybody could hear.
"Shut the fuck up, you don't want camera's on you now." I warned him.
"I tried to undercut you and you just didn't pay attention." I explained to him which made him even more angry,
"That is such bullshit, you did it on purpose, do you really hate me that much all because of what happened a year ago?." He confronted me with it for the first time.
"I do hate you for kissing somebody else but I would never push you off the track for it."I shamelessly admitted, looking straight into his eyes.
He seemed to stare at me to find any hint of me lying but he seemed to not find any which made unclench his jaw.
"I can't deal with this anymore." He said while walking away, putting his hands on his face out of frustration.
Well my first race seem to be off to a good start.
"Anna." I turned around and saw George standing there.
"Hey." I said in a chirpy voice, happy to see him but he didn't seem too keen to see me.
"What's going on.?." I asked straight away.
"I better ask you that, you're the one talking to Max 2 days in a row."
"Because he's mad at me."
"Anna, be honest. Do you still have feelings for him?."