30

Hey babe, hope you're enjoying the story so far, as usual don't forget to comment and have fun reading.
Love you xoxo.

Anna's POV

I gently opened my eyes after the rays of sunlight woke me up, I looked around the room, recognising it as Max's. A small smile started forming on my lips, memories of last night replaying in my mind.
I felt a familiar arm wrapped around my waist as I turned around to face him. He was still vast asleep, giving me the opportunity to scan his features. I don't think I've ever seen him look so relaxed. So peaceful. Like nothing bothered him.
I gently traced his face with my fingertips, feeling the stubble on his face as I went down to his necks, only know noticing the hickeys I gave him, i found hickeys to always look so trashy but I couldn't deny feeling a bit of pride when I realised everyone would notice he was taken.
I placed a gentle kiss on his lips, making him open his eyes.
He slightly groaned before showing me a smile.
"I wouldn't mind waking up like this everyday." He commented making me chuckle.
"Maybe you will wake up like this everyday, if you come back home with me." I somewhat initiated, testing the waters as to see how he would feel about spending time home before the next race in two weeks.
"Mhhhmm... let me think?."he teased making me throw my pillow at him which was quickly reacted to when he tugged my arm towards him, causing me to fall onto his chest.
"I would be more than honoured to come with you." He chuckled before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I laid beside him once more, leaning my head onto his chest, looking at the simple decor in the room.
"I just wish we could stay like this forever." I told him truthfully, feeling like 'I didn't want anything more than what we had now.
"Me too babe but I love you too much for us to simply disregard Christian's word." Max said, lacing his fingers with mine.
"I guess we had it coming, after all we made this mess." I laughed, finding the mess funny even though before it truly wasn't.
"We're quite something, aren't we?." He responded, seeing the humour in it as well.
"Let's get up." Max sighed, lifting my hand, pressing a kiss to it before laying it beside me and getting out of bed.
I missed the Max I saw now, the one that is open, loving.
I don't think many people really saw him like this which made it just the more special.
I decided to get out of bed as well, knowing we had to leave soon considering the race weekend is over and we've already stayed longer than we were supposed to stay.

"I'm going, I'll text you later." I blew a kiss before walking out the door after getting ready.
"Careful, we can't have anyone see you." He warned, shouting me a playful wink.
I looked out boy the door, seeing no one else in the hall making the coast clear for me to go.
I admired how beautiful the paddock looked in the morning, no one there, just the birds chirping and the sun rising.
As I looked to my right something caught my eye, that thing being Samir looking more dressed up than ever,
I took a look at my watch seeing it was indeed 8AM.
"What the fuck are you doing here?, I thought we said breakfast at 9?." I reminded him of our agreement  made yesterday
"Oh I just decided to go for a walk."he clearly lied since I knew how much he hated mornings and walking.
I looked at the direction he came from, recognising it to be as place close to the Aston Martin moterhome.
"That lovely walk being from the Aston Martin moterhome mhhhmm?." I teased him making him blush, something I'd never seen him do before.
"It's okay, you need to tell me everything during breakfast okay?." I pulled a serious face, pointing my finger at home to emphasise it.
"You've got my word."
"Great, I'll see you in an hour." I commented before continuing my walk.

I hadn't even set two steps and I was halted by Samir's voice.
"Wait...Anna, where did you come from?." He asked, realising I was outside this early as well.
"Some people do like early morning walks Samir." I dragged my words, throwing in a small lie.
I mean?, I can't just tell him about Max right?, It's all still so early.
"I'll see you later." I said before continuing my walk to the moterhome.
I wanted to be honest with him, I really did but I didn't want to confuse him anymore, all this going back and forth has an effect on him as well so it just seemed a better option to stay quiet for now.
Once I has arrived I was quick to pack all my clothing, just in time for breakfast.

"The food is delicious." I commented with my mouth full of croissant, this once more showed how impatient I really am.
Max was sitting a few tables away, talking to someone from the Red Bull team. He had been showing up here more than he ever has and I just prayed it would look like he was just enjoying his time here.
I felt his glances which I tried to ignore even though I wasn't sure if it worked.
"Yeah, this is way better than the food they had in the canteen." Samir commented, referring to the very disgusting food in the canteen in our old school.
"Isn't it crazy how much has changed?, I feel like we were just fantasising about this a a few days ago while eating our sandwiches in school." I chuckled, thinking back off all the good memories we had made.

Just as I was feeling nostalgic I saw a familiar figure came into view, Charles in his Ferrari gear.
Standing in front of our table and looking at me with puppy eyes.
"Hey Anna, I was thinking about maybe going out sometime this week?." he suggested making me look at Max straight away who was already shooting daggers at Charles while taking a bite of his sandwich.
"Oh, that would be great but I'm going home." I told him, trying to sound casual even though I felt guilty about all of this especially since Max was sitting a few tables away but then again, this was his idea.
"Oh that's fine, I could go sightseeing with you, my first time in the Netherlands, it could be a lot of fun." He spoke excitedly while I just felt more guilty with every word he spoke.
"What's going on here?." I heard a voice spoke up, finding out it was Max, his hands shoved in his pockets as he was looking Charles up and down.
"Oh I just asked Anna if we could go out sometime, you wouldn't mind right?."
Charles was mercilessly testing him and I just knew how much it affected Max, I saw him clenching his jaw, looking at me quickly before possibly doing something he would regret later.
"So are you gonna do it Anna?."