5 - Casey

Damn chemistry. I know Izzie used that word to mess with me. Or maybe she just used it because we're really seeing each other next in chemistry. Anyway...

   "Casey! Are you feeling any better today? I better not see any of the mess I saw yesterday."

   "Oh um yeah. I'll make sure to do better today."

I probably won't do better, but I'll make Crowley think I will.

She nods, smiles and strolls away.

The day passes by class by class, assignment after assignment.

"We meet again, Newton."

I chuckle. Seeing her again after what we talked about earlier made me feel a little odd.

"Yup."

"How's your day been?"

"Ms. Jackson has been a bitch all day; targeting me. She called my test out and made an example of how terrible it was and to not be like me even though everyone in the class got the same score. Like what the hell is that?"

"Yeah.. that's weird," Izzie agrees. I love when she agrees with me.

"How's your day?"

"It's alright," Izzie states, with a slight frown.

"Just alright? Why do you seem off?"

"I'm not."

"That's a lie. Follow me," I say.

I lead Izzie to a useless room with broken lights that barley shine.

"What is this place? I've never seen this before."

"Well, this is my hangout area whenever I'm bored or just wanna chill," I explain.

"How did you find this?"

"I was bored at lunch and wanted to explore the school."

"Let's eat here. Do you have your lunch?" Izzie asks.

"Uh- no. It's in my locker. I'll go get it," I say while quickly exiting the small room to find my lunch.

"Hey Newton."

My stomach cringes as I hear the voice along with the nickname.

"Oh- uh... hi."

"What are you doing in the hallway right now, it's lunch time?"

"I could ask you the same, Nate." Ever since our fight with the milkshakes it hasn't been fun being around him. We have math together and he sits across from me, it sucks.

"I'm just... going to catch up on some homework," he lies.

   "You're going to smoke weed, aren't you?"

   He turns his head and mockingly smiles.

   "How smart. Wanna come with?"

   "You know the answer," I reply, starting to walk away, towards my locker.

   "So I'll see you later?"

   I flip him off. That was easier than expected, but I'm still unsure about him.

   I grab my Subway sand-which filled with all the delicious kinds of toppings and meat, then start jogging back towards Izzie.

   "Hey! I have Subway. Jealous?"

   "What! Share," Izzie begs. "You wish."

   I sit down on a small ledge next to her. She's wearing a tight blue shirt with a silk black jacket. I should've worn something nicer today. We take our causal dress days seriously. Well, not Nate. He was wearing sweatpants and some weird stained t-shirt.

   "So... how's Evan?" So out of the blue. Why would she ask that so randomly?

   "Uh- good. He's good. We're good." Oh no. too many goods.

   "That's nice. I'm glad you're happy." I could tell she meant that. But she obviously seems upset.

   "Me too. We're supposed to hangout tonight. I'm thinking we might... you know. Again."

   "O- oh. Yeah. Are your parents gonna be gone?"

   "Duh. Imagine Elsa walking in on that... gross."

   Izzie slightly laughs. "Totally."

   "Shit. It's almost time for class again. Why are the lunch periods so short at this school?"

   "I don't know, I've always wondered that," Izzie agrees.

   We finish up lunch and start heading out as the bell rings.