07

"Macey, why do you keep looking at the door so expectantly?" Anna asked the other hostess at Attica.

Macey's heart fluttered every time the door opened and she looked up every time to see if Luke would walk in. He still hadn't.

"No reason," Macey replied. She looked over the restaurants arrangement one more time.

Anna looked at her skeptically, but said no more.

That's how the rest of Macey's night was. She would nervously look at the door to see if Hemmings would walk in. She almost expected him to walk in with some classy girl that looked ten times more amazing than she did, but by the time her shift ended, she hadn't seen him. Of course she got off at six that day so he could just be coming in later. She hoped that wouldn't happen.

As she walked out to her car, she began to think of what she was going to eat. She didn't want to eat at Attica seeing as she has had way to much food there.

When she reached her car, she fumbled with her keys a few seconds before she finally put her car key in the lock.

"Hey, Macey," a voice says behind her, hands grabbing her hips.

Macey jumped, nearly screaming in fright at the person who grabbed her. Immediately, she looked over her shoulder to see none other than Luke Hemmings creeping up on her.

She turned completely around and leaned back against her car. Luke kept his hands on her hips.

"What are you doing, I almost had a heart attack!" She told him, her eyes still wide and her heart still pounding in her chest.

"I want you to come with me," he said in a mock-creepy tone.

"Come with you?" She asked, shaking her head with a laugh.

"Yes, I want you to come with me so we can watch some cheesy movie," Luke told her with a grin. She admired the way he's eyes crinkled when he smiled like that.

"I don't know, Luke, I might have plans," Macey replied jokingly, which earned a pouty lip from Luke. Macey used that as encouragement to touch his lip ring. When she touched it, Luke raised his eyebrow at her. She moved it from side to side, regretting that she did it but not wanting to seem awkward about it.

"Oh come on, you can give whatever guy you may have plans with a raincheck, because I'm here to pick you up," Luke reasoned when she dropped his lip ring. He still had a firm hold on her hips and they both were thoroughly enjoying that.

"Well, either way I have to go home and change, so..." She trailed off, enjoying teasing the boy with the lip ring.

"I shall take you!" He said valiantly, picking her up and carrying her to his car.

"Luke! Put me down!" She wailed, laughing at how silly he was acting. She loved seeing him like this.

"In my car, Macey," he told her, setting her down but keeping and arm around her waist while he opened the door for her.

"Ugh! You men think you can just boss us around!" She joked. She got in the car anyway.

Luke leaned into the car before he closed the door. "You love it."

After he closed her door, he walked around the shiny red car and got behind the wheel.

They exited the parking lot, again leaving her car in Attica's parking lot. Honestly, Macey didn't mind that much.

When they arrived at her apartment, Luke walked up with her and waited for her to get changed. He teased her about always being worried about going places in her uniform.

They got back in Luke's car and he started driving.

"Luke the theatre is the other way," Macey said as she noticed try were not on the right track.

"I never said we were going to the movie theatre. I just said we were going to watch a movie," he replied, shrugging as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Where are we going, then?" She asked, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"You'll see," he said simply, grinning.

"Are you kidnapping me?" Macey asked jokingly. She watched him as he shook his head.

"No, I'm just taking you to my place."

So Macey waited as Luke took back roads. She was kind of scared to be going with him to his flat. It would be on his turf, his terms.

He was originally going to take her to his house the normal way, but he wanted to take the long way home so he had more ways to get in talking with her.

"Do you want me to turn on music?" He asked her, trying to start up any kind of conversation.

"If you want, I'm good though," she replied, not minding a silent car ride.

"Well then, we'll just talk," he replied, leaving the radio off.

"Okay, how was your day?" Macey asked. It was the only thing that she could think of and she kind of felt stupid for it.

"It was just okay until a certain girl agreed to go on a date with me," he replied, looking over at her for a second to smile. He took in her flushed appearance when he said that.

"Actually I don't remember explicitly agreeing," she retorted, laughing a little bit.

"Oh, I wasn't talking about you," Luke said with a serious face.

Macey's smile fell. She knew he would be with other girls. She was stupid to think otherwise. "Oh."

When Luke realized that that actually bothered her and that she thought he was serious, his face changed.

"No, Macey I was joking. I was talking about you, I promise. I haven't even talked to other girls," Luke started, he didn't want her to get upset with him.

He never really expected himself to have to say things like that to a girl. In most cases he had talked to other girls but this time he hadn't.

Macey lightened up at that, relieved. She wasn't fully sure that she could trust him, and she didn't even know if he was loyal to her, but she didn't want to ask because she didn't want to offend him, nor did she want to know the answer if he wasn't loyal.

The rest of the car ride consisted if light conversation, and then they finally arrived at Luke's house.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Sorry it's so late! Enjoy and I'll see you next time! (Which is soon!)

Vote and comment please!

xox -Delilah