56

"So..." Minnie started as she sat in the middle of Jungwoo's bed, "How are you and Doyoung?"

Soojin nodded rapidly when she heard the question, "I wanted to ask the same thing."

The boy sat down next to the two, trying to hide the blush on his cheeks. "We're good...it's almost been two months."

The girls both looked at him with blank expressions. "Boo! Give us the details!" Soojin yelled.

"Well I don't know..." he whispered, "We're just like any other couple."

Minnie leaned forward and slapped her hands onto Jungwoo's shoulders, "No you're not. We need the details!"

"Let me think. We...spend a lot of time together—Doyoung's pretty clingy but it's cute. He's cute. I just really like him...like really like him," Jungwoo rambled, hardly paying attention to he girls in front of him any longer.

They looked at each other for a few seconds before letting out high pitched squeals. "So you love him?!" Soojin said excitedly.

The boy jumped, not expecting such a series of chaotic events. "N—No I never said that."

"He's not here," Minnie said gently, "it's just the three of us...and we won't say anything."

Jungwoo gave the girls an exasperated look. He had no idea hanging out with the two meant getting interrogated about his relationships. "I've never been in love with anybody...I don't even know how that's supposed to feel."

A small smile formed on Soojin's lips, "Okay, then let's try something else. Why do you really like Doyoung?"

There were a few seconds of silence as he pondered the question. "There's a lot of reasons," he whispered, "But I guess...he just makes me feel really happy—and safe."

"Hmm, safe?" Minnie muttered, "Sounds like love to me."

Slapping the girl's arm, Soojin shushed her, "Anything else?"

"This might sound stupid, but Doyoung he...he just feels right. And it's not that he's man—I love spending time with him." Jungwoo's eyebrows knit together as his eyes filled with tears for some unknown reason, "I love that he takes care of me, I love the stupid jokes he makes, I love holding his hand, I love that he reads to me, I—I love him." The whole thing became utterly overwhelming for him. "W—What if he hates me? We've only been dating for two months," he whimpered.

Minnie quickly reached forward and pulled Jungwoo into her arms, "Why are you upset? This is a good thing."

Soojin rolled her eyes, "He literally just told us why he's upset." She pushed the hair off of Jungwoo's forehead and smiled at him, "He would never hate you for that. You two were friends for quite awhile before you two started dating, right?"

After sniffling for a couple seconds, the boy nodded, "We we're friends for a few months because I was too stubborn to admit I actually liked boys."

"Jungwoo," She started, "Can I tell you something?" He barely had time to think before he was nodding. "Me and Shuhua were just friends for like a year before we started dating. I was in love with her long before she even asked me out. The point is that there aren't rules to loving somebody."

He let out a small sigh, "How would I even tell him? I don't think I could just walk up and be like hey Minnie and Soojin made me realize I'm in love with you."

A small giggle slipped out of Minnie as she shook her head, "You don't have to say anything the second you see him. Just wait for the right time...and there will be a right time, I promise."

"What if he doesn't feel the same way?"

Both of the girls bursted out in laughter. "That definitely won't happen. It's very obvious he feels the same way," Minnie clarified.

"I wish I could talk to my mom about this..." he whispered.

Feeling the tension in the room, the girls didn't know how to answer him. Soojin had been disowned by her own parents so she definitely wasn't going to encourage anybody to come out. "So, uh what's that?"

Jungwoo looked where the girl was pointing, his eyes landing on one of his art projects. A smile formed on his lips at the sight, "it's something I made for Doyoung."

Overcome with curiosity, the girl wrestled to get off the bed first. Soojin got off first, running over to look at the painting. "The pier?" She took a second trying to figure out why Doyoung would want this, but came up with nothing. "I don't get it."

"I had to do a project on somebody that meant a lot to me. He takes me to the pier a lot...that's the first place we held hands." He pulled the painting out of the girl's hands and pointed to the beach where two tiny figures were standing on the sand.

Minnie fanned herself dramatically, "That's the cutest shit I've ever seen." 

Soojin nodded, "You and Doyoung in general is the cutest shit I've ever seen."

✨✨✨

"You need a haircut," Jungwoo's mom muttered as she ran her fingers through her sons hair.

He let out a small hum, cuddling further into her shoulder, "I know, I just keep forgetting about it."

"I'm surprised you didn't drive yourself to Doyoung's the second your friends left. It's been like two days since you went to his house, I think that's a new record."

Jungwoo rolled his eyes at the woman's teasing, "I have other friends too."

"Yeah..." she started, "you two are different though."

Those words made him nervous. Did his mom know about them? "What do you mean?"

The woman shifted nervously, hoping that she didn't blow her cover. "Oh you know...you're just closer with him than your other friends." She let out a sigh of relief when her nodded, sending her a small smile. It was quite obvious to her that Doyoung was much more than just a friend to her son, but she wanted him to tell her that himself. When he was ready for her to know. 

———

Mediocre chapter...but it'll get better soon I promise 

Thanks for reading 💖