Birthday Bash •2•

Dave

Getting to my crib, I knew that I had to hurry up cause J Drew's party was in an hour. I made sure to grab my mail before coming in. As I looked through it something caught my eye, a letter from Escoffier.

One of the top tier culinary art campuses had accepted me into their school. A nigga was thrilled. The only problem was that I wasn't sure how Karen would feel about me going especially considering location.

It was all the way in Austin, Texas. I couldn't leave her especially during this time when she was bringing my first child into the world, but this was a once in a lifetime chance. A nigga was torn. This was something I'd definitely have to talk to her about. I couldn't worry about that right now. I had a party to attend.

Tucking the letter in the top right side of my drawer, I grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. By the time I finished getting ready it was time for the party. I grabbed my gift that I had for J Drew and headed to the venue where the party would be.

Getting to the place I saw that it was packed out. I got out my car with J's gift and headed inside. The first thing I saw was J Drew letting some females dance on him. I chuckled then headed over to him.

"Baby boy, happy birthday son."

"Aye, thanks bruh. I appreciate the love." J Drew said, dapping me up.

"You getting old foo. Here ya go." I said handing him his box.

"Yeah, whatever. You next homeboy, and what's this?"

"Open it." I folded my hands in front of me as I watched.

J Drew opened his present and looked at me speechless. Inside contained a 24 carat Rolex, along with a bottle of bubbly, and a couple of stacks that equalled up to 30k.

"Yo, how much is this?" J Drew asked, flipping through it.

"It's 30k fah ya 30th so you can buy that boat you been wanting. You know you my boy and we family. Ima always look out fah you, no matter what."

"Bruh, I swear you the realest. I appreciate you fam. Thanks for looking out."

J Drew and I dapped up once more as he slipped his Rolex on and Karen entered the room with her sisters along with Kierra.

"Happy Birthday, son! I swear I have the best son in the whole world. I hope you enjoy this day and that God fills your life with so much love, joy, and peace. I love you sweetie."

"Thank you mama. I love you too." J Drew said, hugging her.

Seeing her leave J Drew she motioned for me to follow her to the back subtly. She led me to a room where there was only her and I. Closing the door behind her, I kissed her and backed her up against a wall as I felt on her ass making her laugh against my lips.

"Babe, I didn't pull you aside for this yet." Karen said, putting her hand on my chest.

"Then wassup? Cause you looking mighty fine in all this red and pink. You was trynna match witcha man or something?" I asked.

"I didn't know you'd be wearing red actually, but we look like a cute couple. Anyway the reason I pulled you aside is because I need to tell you that I don't think we should tell J Drew about us. At least not today. I mean today is his party and I don't want to ruin it for him, you know? I just want us to all have a good time without any problems. Do you get where I'm coming from?"

I nodded my head yes as I looked into her eyes.

"What about Ki?" I asked.

"We can still tell her today, but J Drew we'll have to figure out another time to tell him. As for you wanting to bone right now.... if you wait til tonight I promise I'll make it worth your wait." Karen said, biting her lip.