Alter Switch

Karen ~ Grace

"Man, what the fuck? Get the fuck off me, put me down!" J Drew yelled.

Watching the men that Quintella knew strap J Drew down in a chair that was sitting in the middle of the floor with a bag over his head, I tilted my head and watched in amusement.

"Yo, get yo fucking hands off me bruh! Hey, get off-" I snatched the bag off his head making him look around.

He looked at me, then looked at Kierra, J Drew, and his aunts surrounding him.

"Man, what the fuck is this shi-" I slapped him cutting his sentence in half.

"I'm sick of your dirty mouth. If I've only been here a millisecond and I'm tired of it I know your mother is." I said.

"My mama? You are my ma- wait... what the fuck is this?"

"Boy!" I grabbed him by his shirt. "Didn't I just tell you about your mouth? Say another disrespectful out of line thing from your mouth and I will get Kierra to punch you in it. You will respect me and your mother when you're in our presence. Do you understand me?"

J Drew looked at me hard for a moment before sighing.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, now that you're settled I'm sure you know why I'm here and why you're here. If you don't I'll tell you. Your reign of disrespect, being rebellious, and acting like a hoodlum with no home training has come to an end. You need to man up and act like you were raised with an inch of common sense in your brain." I said.

"Why should I do anything? I have every right to be upset. No one can tell me how to feel except me because no one has been through what I've been through except for me."

"J Drew, you were angry but now you're just being plain stupid, spiteful, malicious, and vengeful. Karen and Dave are in a relationship if you don't like it that's a problem you are going to have to work out within yourself. What's the real reason you're so angry about all of this? Is it the fact that they didn't tell you or is it something else, because I'm sensing something else. So, spit the truth out boy."

"Why is it that I'm supposed to be okay with a nigga that's younger than me being my stepdad? My mama and him gon' get married have a family and what just forget that Kierra and I even exist? We was here before any of this got started now they wanna push us out the way and act like we don't exist? I'm not gon' just let that slide. That shi- stuff ain't right." J Drew said.

"So, that's why you so angry? You think mama is going to replace us with the new baby?" Kierra asked.

"That and the fact that Dave ass should have came to me before stepping to my mama. He didn't ask me if he could date her. Had he came to me like a man about the situation with my moms knowing the pact we made I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Instead he went behind my back and acted like what we'd talked about ain't mean nothing. Out of all the stuff we been through nigga we ain't never went back on our word. Yo word is yo bond, but obviously that don't mean shit."

I sighed as Dave shook his head.

"Look, J Drew I'm sorry. I didn't realize how much keeping my word meant to you. I should have asked you first out of respect of you being my best friend man. So, as a man I want to take this time to sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart bruh. The way I started things with ya moms wasn't right. I should have done it another way. I can't take back the past, but I can work towards the future and being a better man. You still my brother no matter what happen between us. I've always looked out for you and I always will. Can you forgive me man?"