•1•

⚠️swearing⚠️
(travis and sal are already secretly dating lol)

sal's pov
my dad comes in my room on a sunday morning and sits on my bed. he lightly shakes me. "sal...wake up. i want to go to church with you this morning." he whispers to me. i groan and sit up. "okay." i sigh. he walks out of my room. i hate getting dressed for church in stupid fucking church clothes. i hate the people there. i hate the smell of the velvet benches. i hate the preacher. the only thing i like about going is hearing travis play the piano as everyone walks in. the notes he plays are beautiful. i love everything he does really. yeah he bullied me for a while but that doesn't matter. it was his way to cope and i don't blame him for it. it's not his fault that his dad is an asshole. i get out of my head and finish getting dressed and walk out into the living room where my dad was. "are you ready sal?" he asked me standing up from the couch. "yes." i replied clipping on my prosthetic. "are you going to drive yourself or are we going together?" he asked me walking towards the door. "i'll drive myself if that's okay with you." i said following him. "okie dokie." he smiled going into the elevator. 'dad talk. i can't decide if i tolerate it or if i hate it honestly.' i thought to myself as the elevator doors opened. i got into my car thinking about travis. my dad knew about me and travis and he supported it. he claimed 'even if he did have a problem he couldn't do anything about it since travis and me are our own person.' he was right. travis is 17 while i'm still 16 turning 17 soon. the more and more i think about him the more i can feel myself start to smile. i decided to wear my hair down this morning. travis told me he liked it when i did that. he told me it was pretty. i pulled into a parking spot close to my dad's. i got out and started walking with my dad into the church's huge wooden double doors. i walk in and hear travis playing the piano beautifully as i expected. it was a tradition that the preacher's son or daughter would play the piano while everyone was walking in. he looked up at the sight of me and my father's electric blue hair from the corner of his eye. he smiled and looked back down at the piano. everyone sat down and travis finished playing the piano. he walked off the stage and sat down next to me and my dad. he smiled at my dad and then at me. usually the kids pull the teenagers outside to play with them at the playground before travis's dad started preaching. "if you're going to go outside please go now." keneath said into the microphone and smiled. about 20 kids got up and ran to all of the teenagers pulling them outside. two kids came up to me and travis. they grabbed our hands and pulled us out of our seats and out the front doors. "come on guys hurry up. we're playing hide and seek." the kids said to me and travis. "jay...we're coming. we're literally right behind you." travis said to the boy right in front of us. this boy had to at least be 10. i've met him a couple times and he's very smart and educated for his age. i was surprised when i first met him. i mean he is travis's cousin. of course he's smart.

travis's pov
i was running beside sal watching his hair blow in the morning wind. 'he's so pretty' i thought to myself. we got down to the play ground and about 20 kids and 16 teens were huddled up around eachother. this little boy came to the middle of the circle. "okay guys. we're playing hide and seek. teens pick a partner to hide with because you guys are hiding first." he said. everyone put their arm around their partner as i put mine around sal. the boy continued "okay go hide. we're going to count to 50." we all ran away. i grabbed sally's hand pulling him behind huge stacks of hay bells. it was for the most part hidden. not necessarily a place a little kid would look. we sat down in the grass out of breath. i swallowed my spit and looked up at sal. "hey." i whispered and smiled at him. "hey honey." he lifted his mask up just past his lips and connected them with mine. 'he's so fucking little.' i thought while kissing him back. by this time the kids had already ran off trying to find people. i didn't care though. the only thing i was worried about is how much longer i would be able to kiss sal. that's the only thing i wanted to do. if i could stay here with him in this position for the rest of my life i would. about a minute later we were still kissing when i heard my cousin "tr- travis?" i jumped back from the kiss. "jay! please don't tell my dad please ill do anything you want me to just please." i frantically said. to my surprise he said "it's okay travis. you don't have to do anything. in my opinion i'm alright with gay people." he said putting his hands on mine and sal's shoulders tagging us. "it's just love. nothing special. and i'm not gonna tell your dad. i know how he is." he added as he ran off. i sighed in relief as did sally. i grabbed his face "i love you so god damn much." "i love you too." he smiled a cute smile that made my stomach dance. i kissed him and he kissed me back. we pulled apart from eachother and started walking back to the play ground after dusting ourselves off like we were supposed to since we were tagged. i was walking behind him when i chuckled "babe you still have grass on your butt." he dusted himself off again and said "why are you looking at my butt. i thought you were a respectful christian boy travis." he teased. i felt my cheeks burn a dark rose color.

TIMESKIP

sal's pov
it was around 10:40 when church finally let out. "hey trav? do you wanna come back to my house with me? i'm probably just going to go back to sleep but i want you to be there." i said walking out of the church next to him. "uhhh yeah. just let me go tell my dad really quick." travis responded walking back into the church. i walked to my car and leaned up against the hood. shortly after he came back and got in my car. i got in and pulled out of the parking spot. after we got out of the parking lot and he put his hand on my thigh and laid his head on my shoulder. i took my prosthetic off and kissed the top of his head. soon after i pulled into the apartment parking lot. both of us got out and started walking towards the elevator hand in hand. i see larry call me and i decline it since i was already there at the apartments. we walk into my room and i hear larry start talking on the walkie talkie. "you don't bitch button me. you're about to be the older brother. you big stinky ass bitch boy. lil bish. that's what you are. a little bitch. you're not at church and if you are i'm sorry. i take everything i just... said...back. and what i will continue to say BACK but i'm so fucking angry you didn't answer your phone. i just cleaned my butthole...in the shower and i'm doing laundry. and i want to see how your feeling." larry said through the walkie talkie obviously not being serious but trying to sound like it. "FEELINGGGG" he sang before disconnecting thinking i didn't hear him. i pick up the walkie talkie trying not to burst out into laughter. "l- larry....are you fucking drunk?" i ask bursting out into laughter along with travis. ".....did you really just hear all that?" he said embarrassed. "yesss. do you do that often." i say laughing into the walkie talkie. "yes....anywayssss are you coming down here to watch a movie with me and ash later?" he asked trying to change the subject. "only if i can bring travis." i said wiping tears from my eyes from laughing. "okay man that's fine see you later." he disconnected. i put the walkie talkie down and sit on the bed. i look up at travis and we both just burst back out into laughter. he looked up still laughing "give me the strength." i started laughing harder at his words. we calmed down after a couple minutes. i take off my shoes and lay down. i reach out my arms "come here, travissss." i whine. "you are such a baby." he chuckles and lays down next to me. "i am not." i say cuddling into him. "you are and you know it." he replies getting comfy. "yeah whatever you say church boy." say twirling around his cross necklace in my fingers. we both doze off after a couple minutes of just laying there in eachother's arms.

(end of chapter)

( i have no clue where i'm going with this but i'll see what i can do)
(i got what larry said from a tiktok so i'll give you the guys tiktok below this)
@jonny_ve