Chapter Five

"What are you making? I am famished." James swept inside.

Oh shit, she swore under her breath. Why the heck is he here?

"James! What are you doing here?" she exclaimed, disguising the knot of dread in her guts. Her eyes darted in the direction of the occupied guestroom. Please, Aiden, stay in the room. Don't come out.

"Well, I thought to surprise you as I have not seen you like what in two weeks. Are you okay?" James frowned. As siblings, they could always read each other like an open book.  He scrutinized her face. "You look a little flushed."

"Y-yes. I have to use the bathroom. I will be right back." Without waiting for his reply, Charlotte dashed to the guestroom only to stop short. A shirtless Aiden stood in a towel with his back to her.

At the sound of her footsteps, he turned around with raised eyebrows.

Charlotte couldn't help but ogle him. God! He was perfect. No scar could ruin his perfection. The muscular shoulders, the flat abs and the tapering of the V, which disappeared into the towel. It was all too much. Her gaze travelled lower to the bulge in the front of the towel.

"Some parts of me still work," he said gruffly.

Blushing furiously, she murmured, "I can see that."

"Oh, I know," he smirked.

Is he flirting with me? There was no time for it, though, as her brother was just a few feet away from them.  "You need to leave somehow. James is here," she urged him.

Aiden halted as if someone had pummelled him with a fist and reality had invaded his senses. His mouth twisted into a snarl. "So, I am your dirty secret, then. First, you wanted me to stay the night, and now you want me to sneak out. Maybe, I should say hi to your brother. Wouldn't it be something, Charlotte?"

"Please, Aiden. Don't make a scene. I will distract him. You have to leave," she begged in earnest. "If you care for me even one bit, you will do as I say." Last night, he had held her with such tenderness, it had made her forget all her worries. His anger now seemed unjustified.

He closed the distance between them and banded his arms around her. She slammed against his naked torso. Her blush deepened when his hardness pressed against her. "You expect me to sneak out without having carnal knowledge of you."

Carnal knowledge what? "Y-Yes," she stammered, too mesmerized by him.

"Do you know when I am the happiest? It's when I am satisfied."

It upped the room temperature a notch. It felt like heaven to be held in his arms. The feel of him nearly melted her panties. "But you don't like me."

"You are dead wrong," he whispered before crushing his lips against hers. The kiss was fleeting, intimate and contained the promise of more. It was everything Charlotte had imagined since she had first met him.

She groaned as her hands flew into his hair. His tongue probed her mouth and she opened up to him. He tasted so good, like fresh mint.  When he pulled away, she whimpered, feeling cheated by what didn't come. She wanted more of this, more of him. Her eyes fluttered open, confused.

"Your brother," he muttered. 

James! The kiss had completely vanquished him from her mind. "I am sorry. I d-didn't know he would show up today."

"Distract him upstairs with some excuse. I will text you once I am in my car," Aiden told her somewhat clinically. It was unnerving as moments ago, he had been full of passion and desire, which could shame her previous boyfriends and hookups.