UPDATE

OKAY SO.
I've recently gotten back into Pokemon and decided to give this story A WHOLE NEW REWRITE!
But with a few changes:
- No self insert. I don't like the idea of that being part of the story.
- No returns of the old cast members. Just so the cast doesn't become cramped. They'll still make a few cameos here and there, but they won't be as important to the story.
- It's still going to be an alternate timeline where Ash and Greninja are controlled by Lysandre though. Squishy may or may not be controlled for a bit as well (like in canon), but I'll have to wait and see.
- It's still going to be all in one book but split into a few "mini arcs" per say.
- It will relatively start with how it did in this one - Ash meeting Lysandre for the first time and then jumping into the action. I might make it a bit longer though.
- All in all, it's going to kinda be the same. Just without the self insert, old cast, and different parts of the plot being rewritten.

Hope this is something to look forward to! I don't know when I'll start, as I'm currently in a mental rut at the moment so I'll start writing when I feel better.

Thank you guys for reading this old story, and hope that you look forward to the new one!

🎉 You've finished reading [REWRITE BEING MADE] A Hero's Flare-Lit Shadow: A Pokemon XYZ Self-Insert AU 🎉