XIX

A Dozen of Bouquets

Two days prior the Vauxhall Celebration, it's typical to receive hundreds of flowers being sent right into your doorstep when you are a debutante and is a participant of the courting season

Two days prior the Vauxhall Celebration, it's typical to receive hundreds of flowers being sent right into your doorstep when you are a debutante and is a participant of the courting season. Maybe even double the number if you're the likes of Miss Marina Thompson who we have never heard of in a while. I bet her suitors were missing her.

But for us, the ladies who are like me, just a few bouquets would be the typical. So, that's what happened to me. A couple bouquets appeared on our front porch—all with almost the same content on it which asks me to come with them on the celebration with their signatures on the corner of the piece of paper.

The funny thing was, I think my sisters were more excited than I am.

We were having our breakfast when the first set of flowers arrived. The doorbell rang and it was Hazel who immediately rushed to the front door to check what it may be. She paced out the dining room a little too quickly that she almost slipped.

"Oops," she said, as she continued towards the door. Upon opening the door, she loudly asked. "Oh, what might this be, kind sir?"

The flower delivery guy smiled, and responded. "These flowers were sent by your three different suitors, milady."

"Oh, you got it confused, sir. Those aren't for me. Those are for my sister." She said politely to not embarrass the guy.

"Well, I think you could ask her for some roses. They're really pretty and would match your red dress." He smiled warmly, as he hands the flowers to my sister.

"Thank you sir." Hazel replied, as she bid goodbye to the delivery guy.

As she closed the door, the rest of my sisters were rushing to read the letters. Ugh, sisters.

"Could you all quit it?" I suggested while smiling. "This is super awkward for me, you know that right?"

"Shut up, Callie," Georgia hissed, rolling her eyes. "We just want to know some details."

"And we want to help you choose," Stella added which made Georgia to make a face.

"Fine, whatever." I said while I continue finishing up my breakfast.

I have no idea what my sisters were giggling about but I bet some letters were romantic. I even eavesdropped Gergia repeating some phrases like You're the air, I breathe which was far from romantic, it's borderline cheesy.

"Wait," I heard Danielle loudly say. "Callie, wasn't Anthony the guy we saw yesterday? He sent you a bouquet."

As soon as I heard it, I almost spit my water from laughing. The annoyed version of laughter. "Just throw it on the trash." I suggested, still mad at him.

"On the letter, he was asking for forgiveness," read Danielle.

"Yeah, yeah," I said disgusted. "I meant what I said Danielle. You should really throw it in the trashcan... or better, you can throw it in the fireplace and lit it on fire."