CHAPTER 2

{ Fear of Thorns }
✥ < Round Two > ✥

"Wait! Did you hear that?", I frightfully asked my fellow players. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT??" (if ever) seeking cautiousness? 

Suddenly, I heard a scream from afar. "THORNS! THORNS! They're falling from the sky! ". Maybe these were the thorns that we've discovered in the ancient book of mystery. These thorns possess extreme heat and might even cause death. "What are you waiting for? Run for your lives!", I yelled frantically. 

To escape from the burning thorns, some found good covering for themselves while others used their armors and skills to avoid them. 

 Meanwhile, here I am. Standing as if I was paralyzed with fear. I can't move. I can't think well. Trembling with fear and being unconscious of my surroundings, thorns started falling on me. When I've finally come to my senses, I felt the pain shot my body like fire. Extreme heat flowed in my entire body as if hell swallowed me alive! Once again, I felt hopeless. I had no place to go.

"Lord, please help me." These are the only words that I can say due to the excruciating pain that I am feeling. I do not know if I can still wait for His answer because I am already on the verge of dying. So I uttered my so-called "last words" and took a deep breath. Surprisingly, I heard a gentle whisper coming from the west. "Emma, take heart! It is I, the Lord. I am your refuge. In me, you will find peace." Then the voice left. I'm really amazed how His words gave me comfort and peace. As I was wandering in awe, I did not notice that another thorn has struck me. 

For hours I found myself throbbing against the ground, praying and searching for help. I was in great distress. After the third time that I called upon the name of the Lord, He answered: "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness. Have faith." So I cried out, "Lord, I know and believe that you have good plans for me. I believe that you are a miracle-worker! I desperately need one right now. Please Lord, come and help me." As I whispered those words, I felt a peace that I could not comprehend. It was beautiful and calm. Suddenly, the thorns that were once engraved on my body started shedding off. They are like scales falling off someone's skin. I was in awe. I received my miracle and it felt heavenly. 

My fellow players were amazed at what they saw [since they were the ones who witnessed my anguish] while those who made fun of me didn't survive. The thorns that struck their bodies ended their lives. 

 I praised and thanked God for the miracle He had done. Indeed, He is our refuge and hiding place in the darkest times, in the good and not so good times. He is our protection and shield. Our defender and strength, who by His endless grace and mercy sees to it that we are taken care of. Oh, before I forget, I was nominated by the panel to get the gold medal for round 2! See you in the next round. God bless you!
◈ ◈ ◈

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9 ~