CHAPTER 3

{ The Hidden One }
✥ < Round Three > ✥

"Emma Smith, step forward." The definite command by the head chief officer in the panel made me stood nervously. While walking towards the panel, I felt something strange. I heard something very unusual. Not until I noticed the sound of the whole building being pulled apart from the ground! As I took a step forward, I entered a portal of a different world. I really didn't understand what was happening at that time. But as I recall, it was dead silent. 

"WHAAAAAA!!!" I screamed uproariously as the tension in my body arises, I was terrified. Two rotten hands are holding my feet! When I looked behind, they were like Zombies—they were covered with blood, mindless, and were very clumsy corpses. In a dark, silent, dead surrounding, you'd find me quaking in my boots. 

My fellow player came from the North to warn me about the challenge of round three. "As you would imagine, this place is full of corpses. Don't let yourself be eaten by them. Another thing that you should watch out for is the hidden holes. They are very hard to spot. They say these holes have scavengers inside. Be careful, Emma." She haltingly warned me before she was chased by beasts that caused her death. 

After I heard this, my heart felt like it missed a beat. It was such a fright, I wasn't able to move. With all my might, I ran to the west even when I can't see. Then, I fell into a pit. It was a pit full of corpses and hungry beasts. As soon as I fell, 3 slimy wet hands were holding me. I was stiff as dead, disturbed at every opportunity. 

I did my best to fight almost 100 beasts with all my power and skills, but it didn't pay off. So I shouted, "Lord! Who will fight for me? I'm almost defeated." Then, with the stillness of might and peace, He answered me "I, the LORD will fight for you. You need only to be still."  With confusion, I replied "Be still? How will I do that when I'm almost dying?" 

But all of a sudden, I wasn't aware of the silence. The roaring beasts behind me were tamed and they just looked at me innocently. I still didn't understand what was happening. But then, I saw a huge hand closing the mouths of the beasts, one by one. I was quiet, standing in the middle, being still, while watching my Saviour close the mouths of the beasts. I was s-speechless! The robe of fear was taken off me. 

Not until a group of corpses started falling into the pit. They sound as if they are troublesome. And yes, the same hand that closed the mouths of the beasts was the hand that crushed my enemies. He made it look so easy! Until now, I am in awe. Great is the one who fights for me. Even it seems like it was hidden in plain sight, He still found me and defended me.
◈ ◈ ◈
"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
~Exodus 14:14~