𝒊𝒊. friendly introductions

CHAPTER TWO:FRIENDLY INTRODUCTIONS

CHAPTER TWO:
FRIENDLY INTRODUCTIONS

STARTING A NEW SCHOOL was always a horrible experience. Knowing no one, getting lost easily— it was something that most had gone through, and Gemini Tempest most definitely hated the whole ordeal.

She wasn't alone as such. Aero Tempest had also started Beacon Hills the same day, yet her cousin happened to be more liked than herself. He didn't necessarily care though, he shrugged off anyone that attempted to socialise with him and rejected any girls that made a move on him. He wasn't obsessed with popularity like most and preferred just to stick with Gemini; he didn't like to admit his familial love for her, but he really did hate the people that disliked her.

The hatred spiralled from Jackson's friends rather than the pretentious boy himself— he was more bothered about the damage on his car than whoever did it. Gemini would have paid for the damage, but they took it too far and she didn't. Why should she after being harrassed by them? Nevertheless, they didn't realise that she really couldn't care less about the rumours either, if people disliked her, so be it.

Regardless, she had better things to do than worry about her popularity. Books sat piled up on the floor beside her as she bit her pen, her eyes scanning over the words in a book in front of her, barely understanding anything she read. The school library was huge: books were lined up on shelves everywhere you looked, people had their heads buried in paper, earbuds blocking out the outside world as they escaped to their own fantasy. It was a comforting atmosphere to sit in, the low conversation quiet enough to study, but loud enough to feel unjudged and secure.

Currently, Gemini chose to sit without any music blocking out the fracas of teenagers. It wasn't as if she could do anything else anyway, Aero had stolen her earphones that morning after dropping his in the sink while washing dishes the night before.

She scribbled down sentences in her notebook that she felt had any sort of importance, but it didn't help her feel any less clueless. Why couldn't mother just tell her? Apparently trying to search about her family's history in a school library was a lot harder than she had expected.

"You found a dead body?!"

A voice sliced through the calm ambience, attracting all eyes towards the source. Gemini almost immediately connected her gaze with another girl's, who she recognised at once.

Luna McCall, the girl with the benignant personality. Everyone knew Luna, and everyone loved her, excluding Gemini and Aero. It's not that they disliked her, but neither of them had even spoken to her before, so they certainly didn't love her. Gemini wasn't against doing so though, Luna seemed nice enough not to believe any of the harsh comments circling the halls of Beacon Hills. And, unlike most, when their eyes met, she sent a smile Gemini's way. A genuine smile which tugged the corner of her own lips up.