Chapter 28

Ophelia

I don't remember getting into bed, or even being put to bed, but I woke up still in my clothes and sprawled out on the bed.

I need to stop sleeping in my clothes...

I feel like the huge weight on my shoulders has been lifted since I found out my Mum was okay.
It's a shame Harry's dad couldn't make it home, I couldn't imagine how he feels.

My mother flies out today to go see him, hopefully he's okay about it.

I take a look in the mirror, seeing the state I am in I take off my clothes and put on the usual.
Baggies.

I tip toe out of my room, down the hall, and into Harry's room.

I can't tell if he's asleep or awake because his full body is turned the opposite way.

I continue to tip toe to get a better look.

Flat out

Flat out.
Phew.
How his jaw line stays so sharp while sleeping I have no idea.

I make my way out of his room and down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen.

A little note on the side bench catches my eye before I make my way over to the fridge.

My babies,
We will be gone for a month. Hopefully find some peace within ourselves. Have fun and stay safe. Don't worry about us.
We love you's.

I smile.
Great, a month of house parties and drunken sleepovers.

I make my way over to the fridge, taking out bacon, sausages, eggs and cheese.

I'm gonna make Harry the best breakfast he's ever had.
He deserves it.

First, I put the sausages in the oven.
I take out the frying pan, trying not to make too much noise.
I turn the hob on allowing the heat to warm the pan, then drizzle about a tablespoon of oil across the pan.

I drop the bacon in, hearing the instant sizzle.
The smell of crispy bacon arouses it's way up my nose and I'm so tempted to keep this all for myself instead.

Once the bacon is crisped and ready, I put it on a plate and place that in the heating draw to keep it warm whilst the other food is cooked.

Next, I take 2 eggs and crack them into the pan.
Yes I made sure there was no shells.

I flip the eggs over, knowing he likes them done on both sides but still likes the centre being runny.

Once done, I place onto a plate and put them in the heating draw too.
Once all done, I put them all together on a plate and serve with a glass of iced orange juice.