Chapter Eighteen

Elle

Billie has dropped me off around 8 last night after our date. I didn't really wanna leave cause every time I'm away from her it's like things just get bad.

She gave me a long hug before we left, a hug that was so...comforting I almost wanted to cry.

I made sure to text her when I was safely inside. Though I didn't get a chance to even get my phone out before I felt a harsh slap to my face.

"Eleanor Mitchell! Where in gods name have you been?!" My mother screamed in my face as I held my hand over the part she slapped.

"I told you I was going out with a friend!" I cried. Mostly out of shock.

"For almost three hours?! You didn't even call me or text me or anything to let me know if you were okay!"

"As if you care if I'm okay!" I screamed back before I marched myself upstairs to my room ignoring the demanding screams of my so called mother.

I went into the bathroom looking at the hand print on my left side of my face. Of course I just had to be pale. I heard my phone blowing up in my pocket as I got it out to check seeing it was Billie checking to see if I was alright.

hey mama did you make it home safe?
delivered 8:32pm

elle? did you make it home?
Delivered 8:36

elle? elle please text me if you're okay.
Delivered 8:45pm

eleanor i'm starting to get a little worried please text me
Delivered 8:53pm

eleanor if you don't answer me i'm going to come to your house.
Delivered 9:01pm

When I was about to text her back I heard a knock at my window which almost gave me a heart attack.

I turned around from my bathroom seeing none other than Billie.

I quickly went to shut my door making sure to lock it before I went to open my window pulling her inside.

"Are you insane?!" I whisper yelled. "What the hell are you doing here? How-"

"I climbed up the drainpipe, I'm sorry I didn't mean to be weird or intrude but you weren't texting me back and I was scared something had happened and...Elle why is your face red?"

I froze. Billie didn't know that my mom hits me but I had a feeling she was about to find out.
"Uhh it gets hot in..in my room sometimes."

"Feels pretty cool to me. Elle did something happen?"

I sighed defeated.
"My mom happened." I whispered.

"Wait she hit you? Like she hit you in the face?"
I could tell she was starting to get a bit mad.

"Yeah. It wouldn't be the first time." I mumbled.

"What?! Eleanor-" She started to shout so I took her hand and led us to my bathroom.

"Shh! I don't want her to hear us."

"Sorry. But you're telling me she's hurt you before?"

I nodded my head. Too ashamed to even say yes.

"Eleanor why would you let her do that? Why didn't you go to someone about this?"

I immediately shook my head.
"I can't."