[ Dagoth Ur x Reader ]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Just a burning memory ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Azura's words marked a clear before and after in your life. Fear not, for I am watchful, but you were always in fear and slept with one eye open, you have been chosen, but you didn't know what was expected of you as the Incarnate.

With her words came dreams, and with those dreams came memories. Memories not of your own, but of the past life you had come to realize you had in your shoulders. A past life that came in oneiric form or, at random places when you were travelling around Vvardenfell. And soon, the line between what was yours and what was his became blurry, and you didn't know who you were before the day you arrived at Seyda Neen.

With that reverie also, came he. A masked, tall man you thought you'd only see in nightmares, whose deep voice rumbled from beneath the Red Mountain like a chorus of thousands, echoing with the heartthrum you felt underneath those ashen lands. His presence terrified you, but for the memories of him, there was way more. Pain, a sense of betrayal, and longing. So in your dreams you two talked, you became accustomed to his appearance and that of his servants. You became accustomed to his voice resounding in the depths of your mind, and to what his goals with all this power were.

Voryn Dagoth you remembered him as, and frankly you came to like him more than you liked the damn Tribunal.

Maybe even more than you liked Azura, and her commanding voice and presence. But you were chosen and couldn't now abandon this predicament. So you continued.

And after the sickness struck you and you survived, after you united the houses and the tribes, you made your march towards the Red Mountain with a heavy heart, and after traversing those tunnels and following his voice to the final battlefield. . . You really thought you couldn't do it. Magic and weapons clashed, magma so close that you felt you blood boil, literally. Exhaustion took a hold on you, and you found yourself pointing your weapon at his chest.

He removed his mask and looked at you with those red eyes of his, darkened but kind, urging you to take the hand he was offering you. To leave the prophecy behind and join him for his new world.

Would you?

_____

Open ending because honestly ????
I love this man. Tho. Feel free to correct me in anything, i played Morrowind way too long ago ;;;;