an encounter

going aisle to aisle rosé looks around for anything she needs to buy

going aisle to aisle rosé looks around for anything she needs to buy. she cursed to herself because of her brother jimin forcing her to go shopping. all she wanted to do was stay home and lay down in bed.

rosé made it through her favorite section of the store, the snack area. she smiled and grabbed a few bags of her favorite treats, also buying a few things for her brother.

she stopped and stared at some of the bags, remembering her ex boyfriend's favorite. rosé shook her head, she wasn't trying to think about him right now.

about to turn to the corner leaving the aisle, she almost bumped into someone.

"i'm sorry." rosé said, almost like a whisper. she didn't make eye contact yet.

the person snickered, about to curse her out but then noticed who it was.

"rosé?"

that voice was familiar to her, she looked up staring into her ex boyfriends eyes.

it was jungkook.

the boy raised an eyebrow at her, confused to why she was shopping in a store, especially alone carrying all the groceries.

"j-jungkook.." rosé stuttered, also surprising herself that she was so nervous.

the two obviously ended off in bad terms, yet they saw each other around campus going to their classes. they hadn't spoke throughout that one year.

jungkook didn't seem to mind, he felt a bit bothered to why he had to bump into her now, especially that he was with someone else.

he was lucky she wasn't there with him in this moment, he felt a bit awkward and he didn't know what to say.

"you should watch where you're going next time." he said, walking past her to grab a few of his favorite snacks.

rosé stared at him in disbelief, she couldn't believe how rude he just sounded to her.

"me?! maybe if you watched where you were going too!" she said back whisper yelling.

jungkook smirked to himself, he always found it fun teasing her. though when he bumped into her, he thought his heart was going to race, he knew himself better than anyone though.

it didn't.

continuing to just ignore his ex girlfriend mumbling to herself, jungkook continued to grab more snacks including the ones that tzuyu liked.

rosé watched him, she raised an eyebrow as she was confused why he was getting things he didn't seem to like.

"why are you getting those? you don't eat them."

"why do you care?"

the girl stopped herself. she didn't know why she was asking either, maybe it's because she did care but she forced herself not too.

after all, they broke up because they argued and fought so much. and continuing now they still continued, even if it was bickering.

she rolled her eyes, now finally walking away getting her things to pay.

"there you are! i've been looking for you." a voice suddenly said.

rosé was already towards the end of the aisle, the cashiers right in front of her yer she turned back around noticing there had been another female with jungkook.

she saw them smile together, he even laughed at her for something the girl had showed him.

rosé noticed how she had never seen that girl before, she did look a bit younger than them maybe that's why.

a frown appeared on her face, rosé tried to brush it off yet she kept thinking about it.

what if they really did stay together?

what if she was like him and wanted to fight for them?

what if she didn't let him go?

then again, rosé remembers its all 'what ifs'

she goes to pay for her things in her basket, still turning around time to time to notice the girl and her ex boyfriend buying things together.

rosé never likes to admit things but there's a small burn she feels in her chest. she doesn't know if it hurts her or not, but she continues to act like she doesn't care.

"don't worry about it rosé, it was meant to end like this." she tells herself one more time.