Prologue

DISCLAIMER : This story contains spoilers for the manga and anime named Gintama !

Outside a family estate was lying a little girl on the blood scattered ground, under her mother's corpse. Her brother was also lying on the ground with far worst injuries than her, a little further.

The little girl was unconscious under her mother's dead body while her brother was slighty awake, gazing at the sky with empty eyes.

-"Is this... what they call death, reaper...?" Asked the young boy to a tall man standing behind him

The young boy's breathing was ravaged and he was really in a bad state, he was certainly going to die. Then, the tall man approched him and pulled out a short blade. He then, cutted his own flesh. Blood was flowing off his skin and penetrated the boy's wounds.

-"I'm sorry, this is all I can do for you" Said the man in an empty voice.

Then, the young boy started screaming because of the mysterious man's blood. After some moments, the boy fell unconscious from too much pain. He then took the injured boy with him, leaving the burning house.

Meanwhile, the little girl started to wake up, hardly able to move any limb. She slowly opened her eyes and watched the corpse lying on top of her. Then, realizing that the body was her mother's, she immediately shoved it off her, started screaming and tried to stand up to run away from the burning place. But she tripped and fell on the cold ground.

-"W-Why did it have to happen to us..."