Chapter 2: Finding Orochimaru

Kage's P.O.V

The moment I felt the sun's rays shine through the opening of my tent. I opened my eyes and began to prepare breakfast while Ryoma one of my dragon summonings was keeping watch. 

He was a purple dragon with green eyes, a mermaid-shaped body, and gill-like wings, and a fin. He was a water-type dragon who specializes in water justu and was skilled in swimming in the water, but he was still decent on land.

 He was a water-type dragon who specializes in water justu and was skilled in swimming in the water, but he was still decent on land

"Hey, Ryoma can you search in the sky and see how far the Hidden Sound is. Lord Danzo's mission report mentioned it somewhere in the Land of Rice paddies."  I said recalling what the report said before burning it for safety measures to keep anyone from seeing it.

"Yeah leave it to me," Ryoma said as he used his wings to fly into the air. "I will be back in a few." He said flying off.

I nodded and continue cooking a can of Miso soup I had packed in my bag over my campfire.

*** 

Right when I was about done eating my bowl of Miso soup. Ryoma finally came back from his search.

"The Land of Rices paddies looks about another day away," Ryoma said. "As for the actual village didn't see any sign of it.  Knowing the target your spying on he most likely hid well so nobody could find it."

"Thanks, Ryoma you may leave. I can handle the rest from here," I said putting everything back into my pouch.

"Alright, see you, Kage summon me if you need my assistance," he said disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

Once I had everything put away I continued my journey to the Hidden Sound Village.

***

After a whole day of traveling through the trees. I have arrived at the Land of Rice paddies where the Hidden Sound was rumored to be located.

'Alright, I'm here now I just need to find the Hidden Sound.' I thought fixing the hood on my cloak.

Once I was sure my face was covered with my hood.  I continue to walk through land to continue my search for the Hidden Sound Village.

As I was walking farther through the land of Rice Paddies. I noticed that parts of the land were in poor condition.

'This might be a sign of getting close to my destination.' I thought looking around at the condition of the part of the Land of Rice paddies.

***

I looked up at the sky as I noticed that it was nighttime. I was now in the woods still in the Land of Rice paddies looking for the Hidden sound village have I would have summoned one of my dragons to help search, but that would catch Orochimaru attention and cause me to fail my mission.

"Maybe I should call it a day," I muttered sitting down next to one of the trees in the woods.

'I continue my search in the morning.' I thought resting my head against the tree too exhausted to put up my tent.

I was then pulled out of my thoughts as I heard what sounded like faint footsteps.  I turned in the direction I thought I heard the footsteps but didn't see anything.

'I might be hearing things then again it could just be an animal.'

"Well this is a surprise," A silky smooth male voice said. "I go for a nighttime stroll to help relax, and I find some kid alone in the woof 

I turned to my left where the voice had come from. When I see a shadowy figure with glowing yellow eyes stepping out from behind from the nearby bushes.  The figures then step into the moonlight revealing a tall man with pale skin long raven hair, and purple markings above his golden snake eyes. He was wearing a purple kimono and blue pants, black ninja sandals with bandages wrapped around his ankles.

'It's Orochimaru instead of me finding him. He the one who found me.'  I thought.

 "Now tell me what is a kid doing out here alone?" He asked.

"What does it look like? I'm resting after two long days of traveling," I replied with an emotionless voice.

"What a young girl doing traveling all by herself?"  He asked. "More importantly why is your face hidden?"

"Well I ran away from home couldn't risk anyone noticing me now could I," I said taking off my hood.

"Young girl you're full of surprises aren't you," he said chuckling."A member of the Ryuu clan all the out here instead of the hidden leaf."

"Why would I stay there none of them or my family. I would rather be out here than in that compound without my family," I replied 

'I don't have a clan I'm nothing but Danzo's tool. I'm just going with the running away. As a way to hopefully get him to let me come with him.' I thought remembering what Lord Danzo taught me.

"You sure you don't have a blood connection to  anyone in the because your face looks familiar?" He asked looking at my face.

"Positive."

"What your name?"

"Kage."

"Well, Kage how would you like to come with me?" 

'Perfect the plan working.'

"Why would you offer to let me come with you?"

"I could use more shinobi for my village and you have the potential to become a great Sound ninja," he said with a smirk on his face.

"I come it better than sleeping out here."

"Come along then," he said holding out a hand towards me.

I nodded and walked over to him and grabbing his hand feeling a strange feeling in my stomach, but shrugged it off for hunger.

Little did I  know that this feeling was going to develop into something more. 

Welcome back, my wonderful readers.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Now here are a few questions for you.

Q: What your favorite part?

Q: What are looking forward to seeing happen in this story?

Q: Who do you think Kage reminds Orochimaru of?