Chapter 8: One Difficult Meeting Later

Edward: Tanjiro! Hey, wake up!

Tanjiro slowly starts to wake up, he opens his eyes and sees Edward in front of him.

Tanjiro: Huh? Edward?

Edward: Hey kid. Listen, keep your head low and stay quiet. Your in the presence of my fellow Hashira.

He steps back to reveal the other Hashira. They all were looking down at Tanjiro with expectancy.

Tanjiro: Where am I?

Shinobu is the one to answer him, "This is the Demon Slayer Headquarters. Your here, Tanjiro Kamado, because you are to be put on trial."

Shinobu: Now would you kindly like to explain your crime.

Rengoku interrupts, "There's no need for a trial. Travelling with a demon is unacceptable and therefore they should both be executed."

Edward: Hey now, wait a minute-

He goes unheard as Uzui is next to talk.

Uzui: In that case, I'll execute them with absolute flamboyancy.

Edward: That's not even a word.

Gyomei: What a poor soul, perhaps it would have been better if they had never been born.

Tanjiro decides to ignore these remarks and instead starts frantically looking for Nezuko.

Tanjiro: Nezuko? Where is Nezuko?! Where did you take her!?

Obanai is next to interrupt, "Nevermind the boy, what are we going to do with Tomioka?"

Edward: They seriously aren't going to do anything about me? Bias much?

Obanai: Based on what Kocho told us, he's just as guilty for breaking corp rules. What do you have to say Tomioka?

Giyu never answers, he just continues standing alone without looking up.

Shinobu: Oh, its fine, he did come without struggle. We can come up with a punishment later.

Shinobu turns her attention back towards Tanjiro, "What I'm more interested in hearing is this boys story as to why he is travelling with a demon despite being a demon slayer himself."

Uzui: Who cares why.

Tanjiro tries to give reason, but all that comes out are coughs. Shinobu gives him water to help.

Shinobu: Now, are you ready to tell us your story, Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: That demon is my little sister. My family was attacked by a demon while I was gone and I lost almost everyone. She may have been turned into a demon, but she's never hurt anyone. She never has and never will!

Despite his story, no seems to believe him.

Tanjiro: Please! Let my sister fight by my side.

As Tanjiro continues to plead Nezuko's innocence, Sanemi makes his presence known.

Sanemi: Well well, looks like there's some fun brewing over here. Is that the moron who brought a demon along with him?

He is holding Nezuko's box in his left hand. Shinobu gets visibly frustrated.

Shinobu: Shinazugawa, please refrain from acting out of line.

Edward: Put the box down Sanemi.

Sanemi: Sorry sensei, but I can't do that. This kid is thinking that a demon can fight along demon slayers, and do you know what we call that?