It is what you call OBLIVION

" You will not see me in an armor,
But it is her prayers that will be my guard to an eternal phase of life."

The slices of onions were increasing but Athelia have no pace of time or what is leading her into such an oblivion. And all of a sudden the knife is in midway air.

"If thou had some work, thou could hath always done this some other time.Thou might hath cut thy finger." Blaise holds the knife as she proceeds chopping down the celery.

Athelia sits by the table," Mother, someone was wounded so I brought them here. It was a grave wound so I put yarrow with the Water of River Beathen."

" Thou was correct." Athelia gives a small grin, but rests by the chair. As she cannot bring the sequential form of what happened back there in the market.

Blaise frowns at the uncanny behavior of her daughter," If there is something bothering thou, thou can share.

At first she is hesitant to what it feels she will end up worrying Blaise, but how could she keep things from her best friend. " Mom is that ever seemed to happen when you have encountered a person with lilac eyes?" 

Blaise shots a glance to Athelia of what it seems she heard something out of this world, " Why would thou-" 

" Athelia High lady has gained senses." Blaise's helper Anastasia shouts from the sanatorium.

They rush over to the room, where a lady of scarlet hair laying on the bed, is totally mild of her nature not surprised of where she has been brought.

Athelia checks the temperature," She has a mild fever." And turns to Blaise, who has hidden her face under the cloak.

Turning to the lady," Is there any change? The pain has reduced or increased?"

She speaks feebly," A lot better." Athelia smiles and nods. The lady run her stares towards Blaise, and examining her every inch she awes in surprise," LADY BLAISE." But instantly regrets as the pain accompanies her voice.

Blaise squeezes Athelia's shoulders, and ask her to give them some time alone.

Athelia waits outside as she stares the sky which seems far normal.
" It is actually a weird day."

A sudden rush of curiosity rose over her, and she felt the urge to eavesdrop. Maybe it's the second time she's doing. The first time was when her mother was planning with Anastasia to buy the land of Derek for Athelia.

" But.. Blaise. Cassandra belongs in there. I Know your concern and I totally approve it, but Blaise this country needs Cassandra."  She hears and frowns on the word.

" Her Blood is a part of him, and you very well know. Cassandra's future. I beg you Beatrice let Cassandra be normal, and let her live the life she desires." Athelia is surprised at the dialect her mother speaks.

" They're still the same Blaise, and it worsened." With a lot of effort she pulls out her corset. And the sight was more than unbearable.

Her torso was covered in bruises which had turned purple of not being treated. This causes a sharp pain in Athelia's chest, and as she recedes away from the sight she falls over the stack of pots lined.

A shiver runs over Blaise's body as she can make out what could have happened. " Thou can cometh in."

She dusts off the dirt, and goes in hesitantly.

" I'm sorry." She instantly apologies.

" It's alright." Blaise sighs.

Athelia looks around to see the tensed yet upset of High Lady, Beatrice. She knows that her action is not really a good shot, but she'll still give it a chance.
" I'm sorry, but who has been so cruel to thou?"

Blaise facepalm on Athelia's silliness.
" Sometimes I assume, how thou grew so big."

" It's fine Blaise." Beatrice smiles, as she pulls Athelia closer by get hand, sitting by her side.

" Someone whom I trusted."  She smiles, " You know Blaise's knows me from a long time, we spent really good times together. And I'm thankful for them. I just wished I could extend sone time."

" What do thou mean, my mother knew thou? And why did thou both stop meeting?" Athelia was fuzzed between the clouds of Chaos.

" That's a thing for some another time, Now let High Lady rest. She is staying with us tonight." Blaise directs Athelia to prepare a supper.

" Add Basil leaves."  She adds, as Athelia leaves the room.

" Before anything Beatrice, how did the soldiers of Clan Douglas got you?"
Blaise's eyes had a tint of revenge.

" I'm so unaware myself, I've been sent by King to search for Dorian." Beatrice rests herself against the bed, and Anastasia checks on the dressing.

" Dorian!? How is he here. I thought he left just after Cassandra -" Blaise covers her mouth in fear as she gasps.

" Yes and this is what led me to search for you Blaise, I've been trying send letters to you through my Hedwig." She sighs, " But he never got to find you and Cassandra."

Blaise's arms are tucked and her lips curved inwards in regret.

" But I have to say, She has got a grace like no other in this whole kingdom. Her words are so beautifully indicating the prophecy." Beatrice says as her eyes gleams in pride.

' If you only knew the whole prophecy.' Blaise resents towards her thoughts.

The night spent in a blank silence, Blaise and Beatrice would not stop talking, while Athelia watched them form the distant chair.

'I really want to join them, but interrupting is not an option.' Athelia frowns as the conversation grows intense to jolly.

" Come here." Blaise calls Athelia towards her, and then she sits on the ground.

" Try thinking of something. Something which is not easy to erase. Which requires all thy focus."

Athelia closes her eyes and imagines the day she will be acing her mother's skill of being a healer and imagines herself surrounded with cauldrons, herbs and fresh air chiming the tiny shells on the door. And all of a sudden her imagination becomes hazy, and dark clouds begin to gather.

Threatening lightning summons around her,trying to get a grip of Athelia's emotional behaviour, as her words began to go hysterical and she cannot feel anything but the powers draining out of her hands and evil entities acting upon her.

" STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEAD!" She screamed out, kicking out a gasp out of Beatrice.

And the commotion in her head became so messed up, to the extent where she lies there on her knees, with her palms meeting the ground panting and sweating.  

Blaise has a glorious look in her eyes, " Thou got through it." And smiles.

Beatrice," Only handful of people could master this skill, and three people who could endure it. And you are the fourth one now."

Athelia pushes her head to Beatrice," But I could not make it to the end."

Blaise had a blank emotion as she mumbles," Thou did it, thou have the element of Oblivion in thou and from now, it will be thy greatest savior." 

Athelia raises her eyes towards her mother," This is what you call the Magic of OBLIVION."

_________<3

Please ask any questions you may have, <3 I'll certainly clear them💜.
Please support the story if you liked the plot by liking and follow my profile to know more.

Share it too<3