Chapter 2 - Mirai Corps

On their way to the commander's office, Hideki had been receiving some 'Good afternoon, squad leader', 'Squad leader Tomura, you're awake!' and also 'We will be practicing later again, Tomura'.

  He had enough. He doesn't like to be called Tomura because that's not him. He couldn't blame them though.

  As he was walking alongside the short doctor, he realised something. All the others were wearing a haori, including him. The place was also lacked in technology. There were no tall buildings at all. The same goes for any kinds of vehicles. Did he turned back in time?

  "We're here." Ruo Lin spoke. She knocked on the door twice and waited. Soon enough, there was a taller girl slid open the door.

  She was wearing a black haori and her black hair was tied half up half down. The woman was taller than Ruo Lin but shorter than Hideki. She had a sweet smile on her face.

  "Good afternoon, Dr. Lin. Do you need anything?" She then averted her gaze to the male behind the doctor. "Oh. Tomura-san, you're here as well."

  Tomura again, he frowned.

  "Captain Aoi, there's an important matter we need to discuss," Ruo Lin told her.

  With the look on her face, Aoi knew it was dead serious. The captain gestured them to come inside the office and Hideki saw a man, seemed to be in his early 30's sat at a big wooden table. The man's brown eyes met with Hideki's as he let out a small smile.

  Ruo Lin, Captain Aoi and Hideki were sat at the aforementioned table. The doctor took out a scroll from her haori and set it on the table. "Commander Saito, Captain Aoi, we have a code 209 going on," the short woman informed.

  Hideki wondered what code was she talking about. He assumed it had something to do with the reincarnation thingy. He just sat there and listened to their conversation.

  "Reincarnation? Who? When? Which squad? Is it the soldiers? The infirmary team?" Aoi attacked her with questions. It was clear in her face that she was both worried and shock. She turned to Hideki for answers when Ruo Lin pursed her lips together.

  Hideki thought it was annoying that he had to be the one explaining what happened. "It was me," he finally replied, "I'm not who you think I am."

  "Tomura-san? What?" She studied his eyes, searching for any lies to no avail. "Oh.. then, Tomura-san is..." she trailed off, not wanting to finish her sentence nor believe them.

  "That explains the red lines on your face," The man spoke.

  Hideki turned to him with a questioning gaze. He tilted his head a tad and asked, "Care to elaborate?"

  The man sighed before answering, "Every person who got reincarnated will have those two red lines. It can be anywhere on the person's body. In your case, it is below your right eye. Neither of us know what it's for. We assumed that it is just a mark for the Reincarte."

  "Reincarte?"

  "We called the person who got reincarnated as Reincarte," Ruo Lin simply answered.

  So this mark aren't original..

  "What can we call you?" The male asked. When Hideki turned to him, he could see the sadness in his eyes no matter how much he tried to hide them.

  "Hideki Kamenaga," he replied.

  The man nodded and introduced himself, "My name is Saito Sugiyama. I'm the commander here." He then gestured to the taller woman, "This is Aoi Iris, the captain. Since you just got reincarnated, you must be confused about what's going on. Let us explain."