Visitor

thoughts eddied out of my head as the glass in my had fell to the floor. The platinum blonde haired man sitting at the counter gracefully shot out of his seat and caught the glass before it hit the ground. His glowing golden eyes never leaving mine, as he placed the glass back in my hand with a feline grin. His hands were ice cold. "Be careful, we wouldn't want your protégées to know something is wrong." His voice smooth and and deadly, ready to trap unaware prey.

"The second I saw you I released a protective shield of pure mana, nothing is getting in, or out." I replied calmly, emphasising on out. He smirked, and turned his head to the side, like a dog, revaluating me, as if he was trying to figure me out. "I see I judged you wrong at first glimpse, the "dropped glass" was a ruse, was it not, to take my attention away from my surroundings. Very clever, and here I was thinking that you were an puny, fearful, acholic, who was no threat." He appraised. I raised a brow, communicating to get on with it. His smirk widened. "I am here, Oh great Lady, to see who it is that is linked with our prisoner, and to warn them not to do anything stupid that could anger Him, as it would be very foolish. Oh, I'm forgetting something, what is it," He tapped his chin thoughtfully, suddenly he snapped his fingers, "Aha, yes that's right,"

💮

Unknown's POV:

I was waiting for the leader of the operation. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, a gorgeous woman walked in, a fine sheen of sweat covering her exposed skin. She stepped into the kitchenette and grabbed a glass. She filled it with water from the tap. As she turned around her eyes alighted on me, and locked on my own. Her silver eyes glowed as she dropped the glass. Without thinking I sprung forward on reflex and caught the glass. My eyes never leaving hers I placed the glass back in her hand, my own gently brushing against her warm palms. "Be careful, we wouldn't want your protégées to know something is wrong." I said smoothly as I studied her fearful frame. "The second I saw you I released a protective shield of pure mana, nothing is getting in, or out." She replied calmly, emphasising on out. I smirked, so this is why she's known as the she-devil or kitsune, depending on where you asked, I thought. She is indeed deceptive. I slightly tilted my head to see if I could get a better read on her. Appraisingly I admitted I had fallen for her act. "I see I judged you wrong at first glimpse, the "dropped glass" was a ruse, was it not, to take my attention away from my surroundings. Very clever, and here I was thinking that you were an puny, fearful, acholic, who was no threat." She raised a brow, and I took second to admire her. The woman who wanted to destroy my family for what we did. My smirk widened. "I am here, Oh great Lady, to see who it is that is linked with our prisoner, and to warn them not to do anything stupid that could anger Him, as it would be very foolish. Oh, I'm forgetting something, what is it," I tapped his chin thoughtfully, pretending to think then I snapped my fingers, "Aha, yes that's right," I turned my full attention to the woman in front of me and deadpanned, "And, I'm meant to kill you." She didn't even react.

" Am I supposed to be surprised?" She questioned. 

"Well I had hoped you would have been the least bit affected by my threatening appearance."

"Well, with the all black ensemble paired with the black mask, and gold eyes I suppose you do present quite an intimidating and foreboding image." was her monotonous reply. I studied this calm girl, a burning rage like feeling burning up my body. Without any outward signs I prepared myself for an attack as we studied each-other in fraught silence. I acted, mana coalescing around my hand to make a lethally sharp dagger. Her superhuman reflexes saving her from most of the damage, slicing into the side of her neck. I sensed, rather than saw the thin powerful beam of, mana aimed at my heart, I reacted purely on instinct, exactly what she was relying on, as her warm fingertips touched my forehead as the beam cut into my shoulder just under my collarbone line. I did the only thing I could, I phased back into my reality. Panting, I sprawled out onto the floor. "Well, I sorely underestimated that girl. We all did. For the first time in a long time, I actually had to try." I laughed, I really, actually laughed, that was a first. "Oh, this is going to be exciting." I told myself.

Hi guy's, This chapter is a little short, It was an extra I added as a sorry for leaving such big gaps in posting, thanks to studying🙄. Any way's hope you enjoyed!