Wastage of Time

Ding-dong!

Cortnie's mom opened the door. "Oh, you're back!" She said when Cortnie came inside.  "Come in, you must be so tired! Here, have some water." Cortnie took the glass and took a sip. Refreshing. 

"How was school?" asked her mom. "Uh..good, I guess," Cortnie lied. 

"Okay, and what about the bus ride?" her mom urged.

As soon as her mother said it, Cortnie remembered something. "Be right back!"

Cortnie ran to her bedroom, locked the door, threw her backpack on the bed, and took her laptop. She opened it and quickly logged on, going to the website of the race. She checked when the championship actually was, remembering what Trixie had said about the race, just to see if she was lying. 

Even though she was 80% sure that Trixie had lied about the championship, she still checked because, knowing Trixie, she always lied whenever she got the chance. If Trixie lied, her dream about winning a race would have to wait, and she wouldn't like that at all.

Just then, her elder brother James knocked on the door really loudly, like always. Cortnie sighed and ignored her brother. 

Clicking on the Information  button of the website, she tried to find the date and time of the race, but before she could read anything, James knocked again and said, "Come on! If you don't open the door i'll tell mom not to buy does candy canes!"

Cortnie disperetly wanted those Candy Canes.

She quickly closed her laptop and put it back in its place so her brother wouldn't know what she was doing. She took out her homework book and flung it on the bed so he'd think she was writing the whole time. She then opened the door and said to her brother, "You're so annoying, James!"

"Thanks," he grinned. Then he went into scold mode. "Why didn't you open the door, I have to get my basketball for the school team practice, and it's really important! What were you even doing?" James reprimanded.

"Writing in my diary," said Cortnie promptly.

"Can I read it?" her brother asked, knowing the answer as no. 

Cortnie shrugged. "Okay, sure."

Surprised, her brother took the book and started reading. He was searching for secrets he could reveal about her to his friends in that diary.

But when he flipped through the pages, all he could see were math exercises.

He frowned. "Wait, you write your homework in your diary?"

"That's my maths notebook," Cortnie said, a smile beginning to appear on her face. "Tricked ya!" she laughed.james droped the book and gave Cortnie the mad look, it was his dream to read his sisters diary.

James  searched upon Cortnie's room, but unfortunately there was no sight of a basket ball.

I'll look for my ball in the living room. Ok, Cortnie shrugged.

Then finally Cortnie could read the information about the race.And again Cortnie did the same steps that she did before her brother kicked the door, except she added a step.The new step was putting her math book back in the self.If it was her brother then he would've put his math book when their mom would tell James to put it back, and that is what happens with all his stuff. But Cortnie on the other hand would put back anything right after she is done using it .But back to our topic!

Ummmm....Yea! About the information of the race!

Cortnie read the first word..........

                                  So that was all for now!I hope you liked the chapter,and please comment and                                                                              vote!BTW sorry for the cliff hanger!