are

At two past six am, San wakes up without an alarm.

"Wooyoung-ah?" he questions, but his voice only echoes in an empty room. He closes his eyes, and inhales deeply, once. He doesn't have to go look in the entire house.

Wooyoung is gone.

He cleans himself, and heads out. He arrives at the bakery at seven twenty-three. The young lady greets him 'good morning' and smiles, looking a little surprised that San buys only one croissant today.

He sits at the bench, a canned coffee in one hand, and eats. It's crunchy, rich in butter, salty and naturally sweet.

Nine minutes to eight, San gets a message from Yeosang asking for a meetup at The Kim's, at eleven. San agrees.

He busies himself with the laundry, because it is truly a fine day to make it a waste. San wonders how long he hasn't had a chance to appreciate the strikingly blue sky. People probably needed to look up once in a while, if that makes their lips curve up just the same way.

San reaches the cafe ten minutes early. Yeosang doesn't seem to be here yet, so he figures he can order something for himself and wait.

He approaches the counter, and a man with bright blue hair—maybe brighter than today's sky—gives him a smile.

"Hi, San-ssi, can I get you the usual today too? Iced americano and a chocolate chip cookie?"

San notices his face, he's always been here, serving him. Maybe he is the owner. He's been a regular for a while now, but San realises he never even tried to get to know his name. His eyes flicker to the golden plate on his chest that reads Kim Hongjoong.

"Yes," San nods hesitantly.

"Right away." Hongjoong smiles, and turns away to prepare.

"...Actually, Hongjoong-ssi." Hongjoong turns to him looking slightly surprised, probably because San has never addressed him by his name.

San smiles, thinking maybe he could contribute, even as a flicker that lights up the world today.

"I'd like to try your pound cake."

- End -

A/N:

If you did enjoy this short woosan fic, your comment will be much appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to read ❤

Billy Joel - "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)"