one

jimin sat on the park bench, crying his heart out.

they had fought for the umpteenth time again, him and his boyfriend, yoongi.

they were also a perfect couple once, happily in love with thoughts of having a secure future together... but it all came crashing down when they moved in together. they started having small fights like every other couple did, but they ended up turning into long term fights and now the first day of jimin's life had come - yoongi had cheated on him.

his whole world came crashing down as yoongi himself described how it happened to him. he told him how after their last fight yoongi had gone to a bar and downed one too many shots.
his co-worker jung hoseok had been there and yoongi knew how much hoseok liked him.
suddenly he didn't know what came over him that pushed him to connect his lips to hoseok's.

yoongi had fallen in jimin's feet and cried his heart out, apologising for what he did. but could any apology ever be enough for this? enough for breaking someone's trust in him.

his phone vibrated again and he wiped his tears and checked who was calling. it was yoongi, for the 20th time. but jimin didn't care - yoongi was the last person he wanted to think of right now.

-

after about 3 hours later, jimin entered his home, the one he shared with yoongi. his body had been aching for sitting at the park bench for so long and it was cold and his face was red in colour from all the crying.

"jimin? jimin is that you?" yoongi appeared from their bedroom into the hallway. worry was clearly written on his face.

"i've been calling you for hours jimin. i even called up taehyung - he said you weren't with him. i was close to calling the police on you, i was so worried-"

"you did this yoongi. i don't even want to look at you. i mean, after all these years of being through shit together this is how it ends? huh, it would've been better if it would have ended over text." jimin shrugged. his voice almost broke over, tears threatening to fall out from his eyes even after crying the whole day.

"i don't know what i'll have to do for you to forgive me jimin, but it doesn't end here. i can't let you out of my life, since high school it's been us againt the world jimin, i can't let a mistake i did separate us." yoongi reasoned, a tear shamelessly making way down his cheeks.

"yeah but that mistake cost you too much yoongi. i don't think i could ever look you again in the eyes, i don't think i could ever kiss those lips again, the ones that have been on another man." jimin said and walked past him him, but yoongi delicately grabbed his arm and turned him around.

the distance between them was only a few centimetres.
"i love you jimin. it will always be you, i'm going to wait my entire life for your forgiveness i'm gonna try so hard baby-"

"don't you dare baby me now yoongi. you and i are nothing. i want you out of this house, as you very well know this was given to me by my dad and so it's mine and it's my decision about who stays here and who doesn't. so pack your fucking bags and be out before sunrise tomorrow. i don't want to see your fucking face when i wake up tomorrow."
jimin said and harshly pushed yoongi out of his way and made his way to their bedroom.

he headed straight to the bathroom and slid down on the floor sobbing, his head in his hands.

*

it had been a rough night for jimin, he didn't sleep, no, how could he? his memories with yoongi kept playing in front of his eyes like a movie. all the happy times, all the sad times, everything.

he'd expected yoongi to come into his bedroom to pack his clothes and things but he never came and jimin knew it wouldn't be easy pushing yoongi out of his life.

he felt numb. he felt insecure. he felt insufficient. heck, he coudnt even satisfy his partner that he had to find someone else to be with.

he called and took a day off from his job at the coffee shop. he didn't really have a proper job but working at the coffee shop and volunteering at kids centre on weekends made him really happy, and anwyas he had been from a upper middle class family and his dad had enough money for him.

yoongi on the other hand worked as the secretary to the CEO of JUNG enterprises. hoseok, the very same man yoongi had cheated with, was the son of Mr. Jung who worked alongside his father in the company.

he brushed his teeth and made his way to the kitchen, finding yoongi already standing there by the slab. two plates were later out in front of him with jimin's favorite strawberry pancakes.

"why are you here?" jimin asked.

"you really think i'd leave you on your own? i'm not gonna let anything come in between us jimin." yoongi said now walking towards jimin.

yoongi looked tired, as if he hadn't slept. his eyes which usually expressed love to him just appeared bland and dark to jimin.

honestly, jimin couldn't  even recognise the man in front of him. all he could hear was 'cheater'.

"why did you do it?"

yoongi bit his lip and looked away from him and then finally looked down.

"i was really mad at you after our fight, i knew i'd only forget about it with the help of some whiskey. and he was there yknow, hoseok, at the bar.. he listened to me talk, which you never did. you never let me express myself when i was mad at you, it would always be me convincing you or making up for you. i kind of felt free then, like maybe kissing him would make me feel better. it was an instinct and i did it. i kissed him then, and honestly i didn't feel guilty in that very moment, i felt free, free from fighting with you. but when he suggested for us to leave together to his house i knew i had already overstepped my boundaries. the guilt hit me jimin it hit me so bad, i didn't even have the guts to tell you, but when i came home and you hugged me tight with your puppy dog eyes, i couldn't just lie to you. you deserve to know everything baby, you deserve better than what i did to you. but i can't let this be how we end... i'll make up for it. i'll be better, and even if we have to start from zero, i'll do it."

jimin sighed. yoongi's words didn't affect him. he just didn't care anymore. it was as if a switch in him had been turned off. he was no longer interested in what yoongi had to give him.

"i just don't care anymore yoongi!" jimin smirked and used his right hand to delicately rub his palm on yoongis cheek.

"i don't give a fuck about you. you can feel as free as you want to, i wanna be free from this cage too. don't you see how it was destroying us both? maybe this is actually a good thing, we had to get out of this somehow!"

yoongi looked at jimin in shock, his mouth parting open.

"go home yoongi, there's nothing left for you here. just go out with hoseok or something."

yoongi pulled jimin's hand off him and intertwined their fingers.
"you are my home jiminie. i don't wanna be with any other being than you."

"oh yeah? then stay right here and watch me fuck a new guy every night in ever location that we have fucked. the kitchen, the sofa, the floor, the bedroom, the bathroom the balcony. i'll ride on his cock and scream his name loudly and then i'll let him cum in my wet hole." jimin smiled, raising an eyebrow. he didn't even know what he was speaking anymore.

"so you wanna hurt me back then jimin? you want revenge? is that it? will kissing someone make you forget about this?"

"i said it before and i'm saying it now, we. are. over. i can do whatever the fuck i want now, i'm a free bird!"

"also thanks for the pancakes but now that i'm single again i have to get slimmer to look sexier." jimin said before he turned around and walked back in the bedroom locking the door.

he didn't know how his personality had just switched, but he was loving it. the look on yoongis face, it was everything to jimin. he didn't care if this was an unhealthy coping mechanism, he just wanted to feel like he had the upper hand and he'd do anything for it.

-

A/N: hihihi! here is the first chapter of 'connected'. i decided it would be fun to start with some yoonmin xD.

well i hope you keep reading this! thanks for coming here, do vote and leave a comment if you'd like!

take care till then <3