A Bridgerton captivity [Anthony x Reader]

Title: A Bridgerton captivity

Pairing: Anthony Bridgerton x Female!Reader

Word count: 3.7k

Published: 8 June 2021

Author: Heloise Daphne Brightmore

Notes: If you enjoy my stories, please consider donating and supporting me on Ko-fi. Of course, it's completely your choice, I will continue updating for free anyway :) Thank you <3 [ ko-fi.com/heloisedaphnebrightmore ]

From a very young age, your family had been nursing a very close relationship with the Bridgertons, therefore it was inevitable for you to grow fond of them. Daphne and you had a rather tight friendship, but since her marriage to the Duke of Hastings, Simon, you haven't seen much of her. Of course, you kept in contact, but it mostly consisted of back-and-forth letters and very occasional meetings. Though you missed talking to her, laughing at silly ideas together, it didn't stop you from spending time at the Bridgerton household. If anything, Eloise made it her mission to occupy every possibly free time you had managed to acquire.

Eloise made sure to call on you almost every single day. It has become a known fact that if you weren't in your own home, you were possibly in the Bridgerton mansion. Sometimes you felt you even spent more time with her family than your own, but it didn't seem to bother your parents, if anything they seemed rather happy to let you go. Of course, your reasons for being around them weren't as innocent as some might think. A part of you wanted to enjoy some free time with Eloise and Penelope, on occasion riling Benedict and Colin up, but it was mostly rooted in your interest in the eldest Bridgerton brother.

At first you thought you had been hiding your feelings well, only forgetting your gaze on Anthony a couple of times a day. But lately it has become greatly obvious to anyone. Even Anthony knew about your growing interest in him, not once had he found you looking his way with a soft smile across your face. Though it seemed he didn't plan on taking the next step.

Eloise and Benedict tried to make arrangements where the two of you would accidentally meet, where you had to converse, even dance at the events. They somehow always found a way to get you close to their brother. But beyond the initial attempts, you felt you had no way to turn Anthony's head in your direction. He was beyond caught up in his duties and he seemed to forget to live, to enjoy himself.

On that particular day, you headed to the Bridgerton household in haste as Eloise called on you once again. Before you could have attempted to knock on the door, it swung open, revealing your friend with a rather wide grin across her face. You squinted suspiciously, knowing Elosie was always upto something.

"Finally," she said as she grabbed your arm and pulled you in the house in the least gentle way possible.

"I'm certainly glad you are happy to see me," you chuckled at her unusual behaviour, "though you seem more enthusiastic about my presence than usual," you scoffed in an unladylike manner, still watching her, trying to read her face. Something seemed off, but you just couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was.

"Shall I not be happy to see my dear friend?" Eloise asked as she started dragging you up the stairs, straight to the drawing room, her face holding an unusually large grin.

"Surely there's something else I should know about," you replied with a frown, studying her intently. You knew her more than to believe she was only happy to see you, even the air around her felt unusual.

"You are too suspicious. I simply missed you," she replied quickly as she pulled you into the drawing room, right beside a sofa and offered you a seat. You gave her heavy sigh as you studied her, an innocent smile spreading across her face. At last you sat down, but the way she kept looking around the room nervously, fidgeting in her place made you even more alarmed.