Part II

You wake up to the smell of bacon cooking. Of course Erik would be downstairs cooking you both breakfast. He loved cooking, it was his routine, and you loved eating.

"Good morning, baby" his voice was just as smooth as the coffee he had brought you in bed.

"Good morning" you smile and accept the hot mug of non-caffeinated liquid. Erik kisses your forehead and smiles.

"I got plans for us today. I want you to come downstairs and eat first though" he grabbed your hand and pulled you towards him.

"Plans? Hmm" You rub your nose against his bare chest and follow him downstairs to the kitchen.

"Yea. I figured we could spend some time together before...you know" Eriks face twisted up as he spoke and he turned around to make you both plates of food, trying to conceal his sadness.

"Before you leave for a long time"

"Yea..."

****
"Y/N....Y/N....wake up"

You jump up with your tshirt clinging to your sweaty body.

"Y/N, calm down" your mom rubs her hand across your forehead and sits down next to you on the bed. "You look pale and you're not sleeping good. What's going on?"

"With what?"

"You keep asking me where's Erik like you don't know...are you still taking your meds?"

"Mom," you say with irritation. "I'm fine" you roll your eyes and pull the covers back to see Elijah sleeping in Eriks spot of the bed. "What the hell?!"

"I'm making you an appointment with Dr. Reese. You stopped seeing her and now look"

"Mom, I'm fine. Really" you protest.

"Then show me. I want you to spend some time with Elijah today. He misses his mommy and you've been distant"

"Okay. I can do that"

"And I want you to tell me where Eriks buried. It's time for Elijah to visit"

Your face dropped at the mention of Eriks name in the same sentence as buried.

"W-where he's buried?" You blink slowly. The background sounds seemed to fade away as you stared into space.

****
"M-ma'am?"

"Y/N"

"Just give her a minute"

You sat in an old wooden chair staring at the white walls of a funeral home. The words nearly made you throw up.

Funeral home.

Ugh...

Erik was having a military funeral and unfortunately, due to his injuries, you were unable to view his body one last time but you were allowed to "view" his closed casket before he was buried.

Erik had no family that you knew of and he always said if he were to ever die, he didn't want a long ass boring funeral. He wanted to "get shit over with quick"

"Mrs. Stevens?" A woman called out softly.

"Let's go, Y/N" your mom grabbed your hand and your best friend grabbed your other hand, helping you to the room. Inside stood two military officers and Eriks commanding officer.

"Mrs. Stevens, we're sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need" he said before leaving the room with both officers.

You couldn't bring yourself to look at the casket. It was beautiful and draped with an American flag.