[Ch 1.] Work...ugh

[Mike's POV]

"Then, there was the bite of '87. Yeah..I-Its amazing how the human body can live without the frontal lobe. You know?"

After hearing that for the billionth time, I muted the same prerecorded message I got when I finished a week. Every day, I was reminded of the bite of 87. The day were my best friend, Jeremy Fitzgerald was bitten by an animatronic. That stupid fox. He ruined Jeremy's life! I am blessed that Jeremy is alive. I'd be crushed if he weren't. I've known him for as long as I can remember. Since childhood. I've been by his side, and vice versa. I looked at the time, about 1:50 am. I needed to check the emotionally dead animatronics.

The phone rang again. RING RING. I picked it up. Wondering who the hell would call me when my life is at stake!

"Mi....Mikey...?"

That voice. I knew that voice from somewhere. It was Jeremy, who was with my sister, Genie.

"Hey Jeremy, what's up?" I asked.

"The....the sk....sky!"

I chuckled. Jeremy did that all the time when I asked what was up. Even without a chunk of his brain he's still the same Jeremy I know..

"Very funny Jerry. What's going on right now?" I asked while shutting the door on Bonnie.

"Gen...Genie....and I a....are....play....playing a g....game!"

"Really? What is it called?"

"I dunno....She sa....said....it's ca....called Hi....Hide and See....Seek...!"

Jeremy was such a childish guy. It's kinda cute.

"Cute. Anyways, I'm still working at Freddy's Pizzeria."

I looked to my right and saw Chica by my door, and shut it, after opening the door Bonnie was.

"I'll call ya back Jerry. First night is a rough one tonight."

"O....ok.....okay...Bye Mik....Mikey...."

We hung up.

I don't know why but everytime I talked to him, my heart raced. Butterflies filled my stomach. He did that to me somehow. I just don't know how. I've felt this way ever since we first met. It's been that long. Eighteen years. Ever since we were seven years old.

Did I...have a crush on him?