Chapter 1 what happened

There was a woman kneeling at the edge of a cliff and a falling man's screams were on play in my head. I knew the man as my father and the woman of my mother. I don't him that much. I knew my brothers, sister, and mom the most since I lived my life with them." hey" said someone. I snapped out of that traumatic memory." another memory?" she asked." yes" I said."Mary when his mom coming back?"I asked. Our mom had been missing for a week now and we were trying to find her." I don't know rose we have to endure through this." said Mary.I looked at her. Her hair was covered in dust and tanged with uneven curls. Her dress was dusty and there were a few rips in it.

 I went closer to the warm torch trying to warm my hands." come on we have to go" Said mary standing up." we might not find mother but we might be able to find our brothers"." ok" I said dusting out the dust on my dress and putting dirt on the torch to put it out. I picked up the torch and walked out of the dark cave. We walked into the fresh mountain forest. I took in a breath of the mountain air. We walked through the mountain till dusk." there" exclaimed Mary. She pointed to a nearby cave. We went into the cave and relit the torch." we should rest for tomorrow." said mary laying down on the ground. I looked to mary." do you think we will ever find our family?" I asked " I mean they could be across the world right now"." Rosalind Daphne Arlington You listen to me right now. We will get through this." said Mary. I always admired my sister for her hope even in a hopeless situation." good night Mary" I said smiling." good night rose" said Mary. We both fell asleep with the soft light of the torch. 

I was woken up by marys shaking." hey wake up sleepyhead" said mary. I got up shaking my head to get the dust and dirt out." Here" said mary throwing me an apple." where did you get this" I asked. Looking at the apple and changing my gaze to Mary." While you were sleeping I went scavenging and I found an apple tree. I looked for a nearby river to clean them and boom we got ourselves food." said Mary Wiping dirt off of her face. I took a bite. When they said the first bite is always the best they meant it. I smiled at Mary and she smiled back. We shared a small laugh for the first time since we got separated. I finished my apple and went to lay it down by the roots of a tree, "you ready to go?" asked Mary." yeah" I said standing up. We went to walk out of the cave and I picked up the torch and walked out. I looked to mary. She was holding a flask with water in one hand and the other holding a small bag with lumps in it signaling the apples she had gotten.

 We walked for days. Keeping hope. When they had walked for almost a week they stumbled upon and a small town. They had a sigh of relief knowing that their family could be in there. We walked into the town. I kept my head down but I was pretty sure that we were getting stares. I heard one person say " who are those girls " we just kept walking down the town till we reached an area the was deserted. we sat down at a small bench. I woman walked past but went back to us. She looked down at us with an interest. she took our hands and took us to a small house. I let go of her grip and asked" who are you and where are you taking us"." oh dears I am very sorry just we need to clean you two up" said the woman. She brought us into her house and sat us down.