Chapter 6

Izuku POV

I slowly open my eyes and look down at the girl on top of me. I smile and carefully move her off of me so I don't wake her up. I change into a pair of shorts and a t shirt and kiss Nezuko's forehead before walking out of the room. I walk down the stairs and into the lobby to see Tokoyami awake and drinking some coffee.

"Morning Tokoyami. What are you doing up?" I ask walking into the kitchen.

"Ah Izuku. I normally wake up early to get ahead of everyone before all the noise." he says.

"Smart. Hey I was about to go do some training. Wanna join me?" I ask grabbing an apple.

"Sure. Just let me change and grab my sword." he says walking up the stairs. I lean against the counter, eating my apple, until he comes back down a minute or two later with his sword strapped to his side.

"Ready?" I ask. He nods and we walk outside to the back of the dorms and I stand in front of him.

"Alright draw your sword and take your stance." I say. He draws the sword and crouches slightly into a weak stance. I walk around him, observing the things I need to correct before stopping in front of him.

"Only a few things I need to correct. First." I say. I lightly kick his leg in the back of the knee making him lean on it more and crouch lower. "You want to stay low. Your on the shorter side so your used to being lower than your opponents. And if you stay low it's easier to defend the rest of your body."

I then grab his arm and move it in front of him, adjusting his grip on the sword and adjusting the angle.

"Keep your sword at the ready. You don't want to be taken by surprise and not have your sword at the ready to defend. In my case I keep them sheathed because I have several moves that depend on unsheathing. Have your other hand at the ready to be used for other purposes. I have an idea I wish to test out with your quirk at a later date but for now just have it in the position. Use this as your base stance. When fighting familiarity is important. If you are in a stance you are familiar with that you can easily move to attack or defend in you have the advantage in battle. Now attack me." I say steeping away.

"Are you sure? You don't even have your sword out." he says.

"This is merely a test. If you are good enough to hit me that is good and I will take the hit. I have years of experience with a sword and how one fights with one so I assume I should be able to at least redirect the blade. And even if you do land a strike I have a healing factor that will heal any injury." I say.

"If that is what you wish I shall attack." he says. He lunges forward and raises his sword. He swings it down at me and I merely raise my hand and hit the side of the blade, redirecting the strike making the sword plant itself in the ground.

"Hmm. You are focusing to much on pure brute strength to win. With your short stature and lean figure it would be better if you focused on speed. Downward strikes are meant to overwhelm a person with pure strength but that does not fit you. As I said staying low is important and the same remains with your strikes. For you it would be better to go with rising slashes or horizontal strikes. Aim for weak points like the ribs or even go for the leg to throw them off balance. The faster you strike the less likely they are to defend. For example." I say. I summon my sword to my side in its sheath and place my hand on the handle. In one fluid motion I have the sword drawn and to his throat faster than he could blink.

"Speed is important. But so is control." I say as a tree behind him falls to the ground, a clean cut separating it from its trunk. "Remember this. It is not the sword that kills the person. It's the person who wields the sword that kills."