Chapter 6

Phoebe P.O.V

When nightfall came, I suggested my siblings to play a game for fun. They all agreed, and to my surprise Max did as well.

However, there was much arguing because everyone wanted to play something different.

Max and I wanted to play lazer tag with our brand new lazer guns, but Billy was against the idea because Nora always wins.

Nora wanted to play with her Candyland boardgame, but the boys complained it was too girly.

Billy suggested we should race outside, and we all just gave him a disapproving glance.

'Like that would ever be fair'

Chloe asked if we could play Just Dance, and as soon as she finished that question we all started arguing and yelling at each other.

"STOOOOOP!"

We all closed our mouths and turned to see a very grumpy Dr. Colosso, with his son Balfour sitting next to him on top of the couch.

"Geez, can't you kids ever shut up?! You guys are almost as annoying as my son!" Colosso exclaimed.

"Yeah-" Balfour agreed but stopped to think, "Wait, what?"

"Nothing," Colosso said.

Max snorted. "Nice save buddy."

Chloe approached the drama queen of a bunny.

"What are you doing here Dr. Colosso?"

"Well," he started,"I came up here to help you idiots choose a game so ya'll can stop bickering and yelling."

"What do you have in mind?" Billy questioned with excitement.

"Everyone think of a number," Colosso ordered.

"6"

"7"

"8"

"9?"

Chloe remains silent.

"Chloe wiiiiins!" Colosso sang.

"What?!"

"Why?"

"How did that happen?"

"Makes sense," Billy said.

We all turned to him, but decided to ignore his comment.

Colosso burst out laughing. "I asked you all to think of a number, not to say it out loud," he remarked.

"I'm smarter than you all, baby!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Looks like we're playing Just Dance today, let's go!" Balfour yelled.

We turned back to the screen to see Balfour already inserting a disc into the gaming console. He gave us all a controller and hopped back to the couch with Colosso.

Chloe used her coltrol to move the cursor across the screen and to pick a song.

* * *

While we were dancing to the song 'Lean on', I heard my phone's notification ring.

I stepped aside from the living room- taking my phone with me- and read the text.

James-- Check under your bed. 0937.

I got excited, but I had to get away without my siblings suspecting anything, especially Max.

I was determined to act cool and not give myself away.

"Hey you guys," I started, "I'm sorry for this but I forgot about this crazy huge chemistry assignment I need to turn in by tonight."

Colosso scoffed, "Yeah right."

I rolled my eyes at him, and I saw Max looking at me conspicuously.

"I thought you were taking physics this year," he questioned. His eyebrow raised.

"Anyways-gotta-go-BYE!"

Panic flooded my body and I rushed upstairs. As soon as I ran through my room's door, I locked it.

Once secure, I walked towards my bed and kneeled down to get a better view.

Just as James said, there was something hidden underneath my bed. There was a silver metal briefcase with a digital padlock in between two clasps.

I reached for it, pulled it out, and placed it on my lap. Then I tapped twice on the dark padlock, and it beamed to life. I reached for my phone and read the text again.

James-- Check under your bed. 0937.

My eyes wondered back to the briefcase and I started clicking on the corresponding numbers.

"0...9...3...7..."

[Access Granted]

The briefcase opened at an ajar angle, so I lifted the top.

As soon as I saw the object lying in black foam, I took it in my hands and took it to my desktop.

I took my phone and dialed the mail post office.

The call ringed a few times before they answered.

"Hiddenville Mail Post, how may I help you?"

"Yes. Hi, I was wondering. Do you guys have any cardboard boxes that you won't be using?"

* * *

I closed the metal briefcase and hid it in a far corner inside my closet.

Just as I closed my wardrobe, I turned to see my twin brother staring at me and I jumped.

"Gah!"

Max raised a brow. "What's up with you? Why are you so jumpy?"

"N-Nothing," I stuttered, "why are you so jumpy? And how did you sneak in my room without me knowing?"

"Umm, hello? Former super villain right here, part of being a villain meant acquiring stealth skills and learning how to pick locks."

He gestured to the open door.

"Ugh, just get out of my room Max," I said annoyed.

"Not until you tell me what you were doing."

He looked determined, so I used my telekinesis to kick him out.

Max struggled, but I dirin't stop. Once he was outside in the hall, I dropped him.

"OUCH! You're going to pay for that Phoe-"

[BAMM]

I shut the door in his face before he could finish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How many of you all are also streesed because of an AP Exam😭😣