Fifteen

ZENDAYA
"It's 8 in the morning. It is 8 in the morning" I ran my hands through my hair. "If she doesn't stop yelling I will respectfully shove my fist down her throat"

"Ms. Coleman. Your sister needs to come with us."

"No"

"Bitch that's my daughter! I want her back! You had no permission to take my child. That's kidnap!" My mom yelled.

"I said no" I held my hands out in front of me. "Arrest me because I'm not willingly giving her up."

The officers stepped forward ready to cuff me but Dave stepped in front of me "wait... wait!" He turned to face me. "What are you doing?" He grabbed my face.

"You give her up now and you fight for custody later. Are you not listening ya mother is claiming kidnap. Right now they are gonna cuff you no matter what but it's not gonna stick and I will come bail you out but if you don't give her to them and you decide to fight for custody this will come up and be held against you."

"David.. I can't. They'll hurt her."

"Once you tell them everything she's gonna go into the system. We'll-"

"The system?? No she needs -"

"It'll just be a little while. It's the only way" he wiped my tears for me. "Trust me. We'll get her back."

"Coleman. Times up. Where is she?" the officer asked while cuffing me." I made eye contact with Dave and he gave me a encouraging nod.

"253 W 125th street" I said as Dave slipped out my front door.

"That's the address to the Apollo theater. Let's try again" the officer gave me a annoyed look while my mom smirked at me.

"149 E 33rd street" I whispered as they began to finally lead me out. "Aye bitch leave my crib!" I yelled seeing my mom began to look around my stuff. I dug the heels of my feet into the floor. "I want her out my shit. She doesn't have permission to be there."

"Out" the other officer instructed my mom she rolled her eyes before the officer asked where my key was to lock my door.

"I tried to warn you" she smirked.

"If you think I'm gonna make this easy for you then you got another thing coming....Junkie"

DAVE

I pound on Summer door for a good 15 second before it swings open to reveal an angry looking Summer.

"Boy, what in the actual fuck?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Where's Zhuri?"

"How'd you get my address?"

"You gotta be half sleep. I literally dropped her off here 3 times now."

"Well she's sleeping."

"Brandon here?"

"No he left for practice."

"Dave what's going on?"

"Cops are on their way to take her and I doubt the last face she wants to see in this scary situation is yours."

"Haha. What you really doing here?"

"Summer I don't have time for this she needs a warning before her junkie of a mother step up in here."

"In where?? Not my house."

Suddenly little steps echoed through the apartment. She yawned before rubbing her eyes so they could adjust.

"DAVE!" Her face lit up.

"Hey munchkin" I scooped her up in my arms.

"Where's sissy?"