ᗑ Teach Me About Your World ᗑ

"Good, keep it up!" I hear Kai say as Lloyd punches into the oven mitts. I was having a little bit of tea Wu prepared earlier before Lloyd started his training for the day. The sounds of the city surrounded the apartment faintly showing how Ninjago never rests. And it's because of that neither can the Ninja. Lloyd hit Kai's mitts with a side kick, then he spun around and hit the oven mitts with his fists again.

"You see?" He started as he landed another punch making Kai lose this balance slightly, "I'm already faster and stronger than a couple weeks ago!" Kai moved down the mitts slightly silently showing Lloyd to stop, "I was even able to knock you off balance!"

Kai grew serious, "Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by the enemy."

Even though I could only see Lloyd's back I could tell the smile on his face flattened a little, "I think I'm ready to face more though."

"Oh really?" Kai said with a smirk.

I could see Lloyd tense a bit at Kai's challenge and he swung a kick at Kai causing him to fall back.

"Easy there, grasshopper." I tried my best to hold back a laugh at the nickname, "You're not even ready to face my pinky toe!" He emphasized this by holding his foot up and wiggling his pinky toe.

I see Wu smile at Kai's remark, "I see the student has become the master." I wonder... there must have been something about that line... "You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the four ninja."

"Great, now that lesson is over," Cole started, "How about some target practice... on Kai!" Kai's face dropped slightly at the thought of being used as a human target.

I stepped in as the voice of reason, "Cole, I don't think that's a good idea..." He turned to me and placed his hands on his hips, "Oh come on, [Y/N], you gotta agree it would be funny to watch!" I only giggled and rolled my eyes. It was weird when we first met he accused me of a crime, now his acting like nothing happened...

"Hey, this is me we're talking about here!" Kai said looking flustered.

Before the Ninja could turn Kai into swiss cheese, Wu finally intervened, "You'll each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late with your lesson with Nya."

Lloyd's face dropped slightly, "But, Unc- Sensei," He corrected himself, "When will I learn Spinjitzu?" he whined a little, "I mean- I need to be ready as soon as possible and I shouldn't wait to learn it. What if I stumble in the final battle with my father because I didn't learn it quick enough? Or, or what if I-" He kept mumbling incoherent things and clearly getting more nervous the deeper he went into his thoughts.

My face formed a frown, You have a lot of pressure on you, don't you Lloyd?

"Lloyd," Wu said and he stopped the rambling, "you need to have patience. It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found." Lloyd's head drops a little, obviously not happy with that answer and he sighed.

"Sound familiar?" I could almost hear the smirk on Cole's face.

Kai shot a glare at the black haired man, "I wasn't that whiney!"

"No," Zane simply said, "you were worse." Kai shot his death glare over to Zane now and I could see heat dissipating off him again.

Huh, must be a quirk of his abilities- I remember reading how elemental abilities could be shown through emotion and it seems Kai's depends heavily on it.

Jay chuckled a bit, "Guys, I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but it's hard to give him the best training in these conditions." Gesturing his arms out towards the room.