𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

"Teyvat is a beautiful world, containing seven elements that flow throughout the seven nations. In the distant past, the Archons that resided in Celestia granted mortals elemental abilities. These powers are now known as visions. To know one who possesses a vision, vision bearers carry around glowing gems. The symbol and color of one's vision informs others of what kind of element they wield. However, aside from literal powers, Celestia has granted another ability for mortals in Teyvat.

The Red String of Fate.

When Celestia thinks the time is right, a red ribbon will be tied neatly onto two individuals' wrists. No one can see another's ribbon unless they are soulmates. Once one sees their soulmate, the ribbon unties itself and links with the other's string. Cutting this string would cause severe pain to whoever sniped it in half. Separating the fated ribbon shows one's disloyalty towards Celestia and therefore is punished with such agony. It is said that if you cut it, you may not be able to love ever again-"

"Blah blah blah."

The woman who was storytelling shut her eyes. Annoyed that her seven year old daughter interrupted her for the third time.

"What is it this time (Name)?"

"You actually believe this "Red String of Fate" is real? Are you hearing yourself right now mother?"

"Well, how do you think I met your father?"

Your eyes slightly grew in size. Your mother had a point there. But then again she could be making all that up as well.

"You told me that you two met when you asked father to weld you a new sword. He was a blacksmith and you were a part of the Knights of Favonius. It's a coincidence if you ask me."

Your mother hummed, amused at your stubbornness.

"Is that so? And what happens when you find the one you're meant to be with? I think the Red String of Fate is who you will thank in the future."

"I'll thank that stupid red string when I see it for myself."

"Watch it," Your mother warned you of your choice of words, "Whatever, you don't believe me anyway, so let's just get you to bed Ms. Coincidence."

She picked you up as you laid your head on her shoulder, "Ms. Coincidence? Mother I told you to stop calling me that.."

"I'll stop calling you that when you stop believing that everything that comes your way is not always a coincidence— but fate."

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘