𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐘

Chapter One:
Captain of the Logistics Company

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

You groaned, seeing a red string wrap itself around your wrist into a neat little bow. Your wedged shoes clicked with each step you took on the stoned bridge of Mondstadt.

Your soulmate has been decided.

You stared at the red piece of ribbon with an unknown expression. Some might mistake your staring for anger. Whatever came about in your path, you believed, was nothing more than a mere coincidence. You never took the life of 'fate' seriously. This wasn't meant to be.

It was all just a coincidence.

Yeah, a coincidence...

But now here you are, silently cursing to yourself at how your mother was right. The red string existed. You looked up at the sky and stared. A habit you picked up when you felt like talking to your mother.

"I owe you an apology."

You relaxed your body before continuing to walk along the overpass just after greeting Timmie. He often occupied the bridge, standing right outside Mondstadt's gates to feed the pigeons. The little boy got all excited at the sight of you coming back from your extended mission.

"Good morning Timmie, say hi to your mother for me."

You tossed the little boy a small brown sack as you walked pass by him. He opened the pouch and a tiny shine danced across his eyes.

"Thanks for the wheat seeds Ms. Coincidence!"

Oh that's right. The children of Mondstadt often called you by that nickname. You raised your hand and waved it off, as if telling the boy to think nothing of your small gesture.

"Captain (Name)! Welcome back!"

Swan and Lawrence preformed the Knights of Favonius's signature salute as they greeted you. You lowered your head slightly, acknowledging their gesture and continued to walk pass the gates.

"Captain (Name) doesn't look too good."

"Do you think something went wrong during her expedition?"

"Captain (Name)? Impossible. She always gets the job done flawlessly, without any trouble.." However, the two knights still had their own worries about your stoic expression, "Though..something does look like it's clouding her mind.."

"Ms. Coincidence! Welcome back!"

Flora, the small child who runs the flower shop, greeted you with excitement. The surrounding people turned at the sound of your nickname.

"Ad astra abyssosque Captain (Name)!"

"Welcome back Captain, need me to forge any new weapons for you?"

"Captain (Name), welcome back! Would you like some fruits?"

You waved your arm up once again to greet everyone. Without having to say a thing, it seemed like they understood your greeting and continued on with their day. Returning home from an expedition was only the beginning. You would need to return to headquarters and write a shit ton of reports— just thinking about it made you roll your eyes. A few more greetings along the way, you finally made it to your office, a private room on the second floor of headquarters.