Mafia AU (4/4) || 10

A/N - I have smth to tell you, but you can go ahead and read the chapter first :) enjoy!

××××××

A Week Later

"You should go and sleep now, Aera" Yoongi said, patting her back.

The girl shook her head, resting back on the couch as she waited for Jungkook to finish whatever work he was doing. Yoongi sighed and glanced at Jin.

She had been like this ever since she came back home after Jimin's death. She wouldn't go anywhere alone and always wanted to stay by Jungkook. The boys knew it was hard for her to get used to everything this way now. So they mostly kept her accompanied with something or the other whenever Jungkook had some work and had to go out for a bit.

"Oppa" She called slowly, standing up finally and walking near Jungkook. "Let's go and sleep."

"You can go first, I'm coming in a bit." He said having his eyes fixed on the laptop screen while he discussed something with Namjoon.

"No, come with me" Aera huffed, pushing his laptop aside and sitting on the table in front of him. Jungkook inhaled deeply, running his hand through his hair as he shot a strict glare towards her.

"What?! I told you I'm coming, didn't I?!" He shouted in frustration, making her flinch, her dreamy eyes glistened dimly with a thin layer of tears while staring at her brother.

Aera stood up quietly, mumbling a small sorry and walked up to the stairs. Charley followed behind her, somehow knowing that she was sad.

Yoongi glared at Jungkook and stood up, "Why do you think you can yell at her like that?"

"I know hyung," Jungkook sighed, "But think about it, she's been clinging to me ever since she came back. I too have work, I can't be available to her 24/7–"

"Are you out of your mind?!" Yoongi shouted, pulling the younger boy to stand up, "Do you even hear yourself? She's just ten for god's sake Jungkook, you can't expect her to get over something as traumatic as her brother's death that soon! And about wanting to stay close to you, you know why she doesn't leave your side? She's scared Jungkook. She's scared to lose you. I don't know how you're not understanding this, you are all she has now. She loves you, and she's scared that you might leave her as well. Please get that inside your head, because of you don't, I won't be very nice to deal with."

Jin patted Yoongi's shoulder gesturing him not to be that harsh, "I'm saying the truth." Yoongi said, "Jeon Jungkook, you are an adult, not her. You can probably hold yourself together, but Aera can't. So you have to do that for her. I'm sure Jimin wouldn't be happy if he saw you behaving like that with your sister, especially after everything she faced at such a young age."

His eyes wandered towards the rest of the boys and walked upstairs, not saying anything to anyone again. Yoongi stopped in front of the room which was supposed to be empty, sighing with a heavy heart, he slowly opened the door to Jimin's room, seeing Aera sitting on the bed hugging her big teddy bear that Jimin gave her before going to Tokyo with them. However he felt his heart dropping at the sight of the kid sobbing quietly while Charley occasionally licked her face to make her stop crying.

He stepped in the room drawing attention from the girl. She wiped her tears and turned to the other side, bringing the teddy closer. It was at this moment that he realized the teddy had a shirt on, Jimin's shirt.

"Aera" he said softly, sitting on the edge of the bed.

She didn't answer him and just kept hugging the teddy while leaning on Charley. She was probably missing Jimin and decided to make her teddy wear Jimin's shirt so it smells like him. Yoongi blinked away his tears and went to sit next to her.