Prologue

A song to match this chapter

5 years ago (10years old)
"Alaina hurry up!!" , mom shouted as she walk down the stairs and to the car.

"K, I'm coming chill". I said while rummaging through my closet trying to find my favourite leather jacket. The jacket was a present from my grandmother, who now lives in New York. I haven't seen her in about 3 years now, hope she's doing fine. I quickly dropped the topic out of my head and continue searching for that jacket. We were going on a vacation to a random place. By we I meant me, my mom, my sister, Matthias, his sister and his mom. My mom wouldn't tell me where were going and apparently Matthias mom knows where.

"Found it!!" I said happily while picking up the jacket and ran out of the house.

"What took you so long?" Harper said when I stepped foot in the car. She took out her earphones and glared at me. I can feel that she was getting impatient for waiting so long. Harper is my sister. I really don't get why people can get along with their sister, especially big sister. Harper was 2 years older then me. She is very bossy and gets angry so easily. She doesn't like to socialise a lot , which I find weird about it. Would I take a grenade for her? Hell no!

"How's that your business" I said sarcastically.

"How's that your business" Harper said mockingly while she put her earphones back on. Bedside her was Makayla. Who's she you may ask. Makayla is Matthias bigger sister and also Harper's bff. She's older then Harper by 1 year. Makayla loves reading, even though she doesn't look like a nerd she is. But the twist is that she reads book and have a "bad bitch" mood. She has the exact same mood as Harper. That why I'm guessing their best friends.

"Sit there". Makayla said while grinning. She was pointing to a seat next to Matthias. I have no idea why she and Harper ship me and Matt so much. He was rather annoying and only knows how to play fornite. I have lots of friends but I have known Matt the longest so I kinda counted him as my best friend.

My mom was in the driver seat while Matthias mom seated next to her in the passenger seat. Enetering through the car there is 2 seat,  Matthias in one of them, and at the back of the car has 3 seats. That's where Harper and Makayla was seated . I would have sit behind with them if there wasn't their bag already taking up one seat. So I have no choice but to seat next to Matthias.

"Why were you so slowwwwwwww" Matthias whined. He was watching some YouTuber called Lazerbeam I think.

"I can't find my jacket okay" I said while sitting next to him.

"Please tell me you know where my mom is taking us" I said to Matthias, hoping he would have an answer.

"Uhhh what makes you think I know"

"Ugh idk"

"I thought you like surprises" he asked.

"I do, I'm just so curious" I answered.

"Same, I hope we r going to a football match"

"You have a serious football obsession you know what" I said jokingly.

"You have a messy obsession, always leaving your mess around" Matt said while pulling down the back of his seat till it reach Makayla just to annoy her. He then quickly pulled it back up before the annoyed Makayla could throw the pillow at his head. She still threw it anyway and it manage to hit his head.

"Ha! That's what you deserve for saying that" I said.

He rolled his eyes then turn his attention back to his stupid tablet then he his always watches. Matthias is the type of sibling that would start a fight with the other sibling but then cry when he gets hit a little.

While the road trip finally started, I decided to scroll through some TikTok. I really envied those girls on TikTok that r able to have makeup and acrylic nails. I can't wait to grow up and finally be able to get my own nails.

The rest of the trip was rather boring. Harper was sleeping while having her earphones plug in, Makayla was also sleeping with her eye mask on. Matthias was playing brawl stars, as always. My mom and Matthias mom had to take turn driving through out the journey. One was basically driving while the other one was sleeping. And for me, I was looking out the window, admiring the oceans and land we past.

*4 hours later*
"We're here" mom said as she pulled the breaks of the car. Everyone quickly scrambled out of the car to check out the mysterious place that we were at. As I got out of the car, the fist thing I saw was a grand hotel.

"The Grand Brighton" I said while examining the hotel's name. "Wait, BRIGHTON!!!??" I screamed amusingly.

"Huh??" Harper said while she turn around from looking at the beach that was located right infront of the hotel.

"Holy shit, r you serious mom" Matthias said clearly excited.

"Yea" miss Findlay said while getting in the car to grab her bag.

"No frickin way this is real" Makayla said while looking up at the hotel infront of us.

"Yes it's real, now c'mon get your luggage, we have a lot of things waiting a head of us" mom said while getting out of the car with her bags.

"I can't believe we're actually here" Matthias said as he shove his earphone and tablet into the bag. Now I know why his earphones r always tangled.

"Same" I said while grabbing my bag from my seat and quickly hop off the car. I can hear Harper and Makayla talking about swimming and everything at the back of the car where their suitcase lies. Their conversation r so boring, that's why I don't really talk to them.

"Hurry up snail" I said leaning on the car door waiting for him to get his stuff ready.

"Chillax Lain" he said sarcastically while picking up his bag and got out of the car. "Should we ask them to hurry up" he said and nod his head towards the talking Harper and Makayla.

"Nahhh leave them"

"Okay" he replied and put his arms around my shoulder.

"Keep it to your self" I said while picking up his hands with my two fingers and shove it into his chest. He looked at he the pouted. I quickly rolled my eyes and shouted to the two sisters that were taking their time to take their things. " hurry up!"

A/N: This chapter is a quick prologue to kinda show the relationship between everyone. Sorry for publishing this so late, I've been busy recently. The chapter is quite short but I hope you enjoy it. Hope you'll enjoy the other chapters that I have ahead.