Changing place, changing pace

Ok, so it's taken me like a month and I have a dozen excuses, like moving house and being busy with exams and sport. But I am doing this for you people because I love you. And I personally hate it when writers leave fanfics half finished. So here.

__________________________________

Fred's POV
The wind blew softly through his hair, dancing in through the open bedroom window, and Fred felt his wife shiver next to him. He smiled down at her, thankful that she had forgiven him, and that he was no longer in the proverbial doghouse.

He stood up to open the window, but a letter on the windowsill caught his eye. It was addressed to Hermione, and it was opened. He picked the letter up.

Dear Hermione,
I've missed you so much! How have you been? I've been alright, but I just wanted to write and ask if you'd thought about what I told you. Dad wouldn't mind it if you came here. You said last time you wrote that you needed a change of pace, this could be it Hermione. Get back to me soon.
Love Jacob.

Fred stared at it for a few more seconds. Then he made up his mind. He grabbed some of his things and started packing. He could hear Hermione stir behind him.

"Fred? What are you doing?"

"Packing."

"WHAT? Why? Have I done something wrong?"

"No love, I'm packing for America. I hear that town your brother lives in is real cold."

He turned to see her grown break into a giant grin. She leapt out of the bed and ran to hug to hug him, her small arms wrapping around his lithe frame.
_________________________________

Three days later the two of them were boarding a flight, the muggle way. They wanted to be as untraceable as possible, and the ministry could trace any magical transport options, legal or otherwise.

Fred had told George of his plan, and his twin was expectedly annoyed at not being invited. He left a note for his mother saying that he was going to America as a business venture, and that he was taking Hermione with him because she knew the US and muggle life well enough to get him by.

He expected his mother would buy it, with some suspicion, but it was the best he could do.

The plane landed in America very early in the morning, around 4am, and Hermione decided a taxi would be best and they would get there around 6:30.

She was right as always, and they pulled to a small house in 'La Push'. Hermione knocked on the door and saw her 18 year old brother open it, looking taller and less boyish than he had before.

Fred watched as his wife wrapped her little brother up into a bear hug, holding on like he would disappear. He smiled at her antics, and Jacob diverted his attention to Fred when he let out an accidental laugh.

Jacob look wearily at Fred, but the older man stepped forward and put his arm around the boys shoulders, steering him into the house and demanding a house tour.

The rest of the day was filled with Fred realising that Jake was actually a really cool kid, and that he shouldn't have been so quick to judge. He cracked jokes that Fred thought were legitimately funny, but he and Hermione could see the sadness behind Jacobs eyes.

After dinner, and a catch-up with her father, Hermione cornered Jacob in the kitchen.

"Jacob, what wrong, you know you can tell me anything?"

"I know Mione, I... I... There's this girl, Bella. She got married a little while ago, and then she had a baby, and it caused a rift between the pack that I don't think I can fix."

"Oh Jake. I know it might seem hopeless right now, but time is truly the best medicine. If you give them some time, they'll cool off."

"I know, but I feel so stupid. He left her, and then I really started to think that she liked me, but as soon as he came back she married him!"

A growl tore from her throat.

"Where is this bitch?"

"She lives with the..uh...the Cullens." Jacob managed to stammer in reply.

Hermione stormed out of the kitchen and grabbed Fred on her way out, pulling him out of the door with her.

She hoped she still remembered how to drive, otherwise it was going to be a long and bumpy ride to the Cullens.

And scene! I'm really sorry that it took me a while to update, but better late than never. Imagine my surprise though, when I come back after two months to find my story had been read 8k more times that when I left it. I can't thank you all enough for the support.
Follow my new insta at xandyxandywriter
I live for you people.
Xandy