𝟎𝟐

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎

⠀⠀⠀THE SOUND OF THE BIRDS chirping from the outside of her window woke her up that morning. Her mind went blank for a second, forgetting how her boyfriend wasn't going to pick her up and give her the sweetest kiss. Arietta closed her eyes once again, imagining a life where she could still feel the warm hugs of her family.

But the knock from her door disturbed her lifeless fantasy, Tyler Lockwood's head came to view.

"Morning sis, mom told me to wake you up," he said, giving her a small smile before stepping into the room.

"You, knocking on the door? Hell must be freezing," Arietta gave him a teasing smile.

Rolling his eyes, he gently pulled his adoptive sister up in a sitting position, knowing she'd had a hard time rising from her laying position. He was glad she had finally gone back to her old self.

"Ouch, you wound me," he put a hand on his chest, feigning a hurtful expression, "Now go get ready before I left you to drive with dad."

Arietta grinned, faking a shuddering as she walked into the bathroom. Tyler dropped his smile, his achingly beating heart felt so bad for Ari.

He went out of his adoptive sister's room to get himself ready for the first day of school. This year was going to be hard, he was sure of it. Franco wasn't going to be here to tell his dad jokes that would usually make everyone's day. God, how he wished to hear it for one last time.

━━━━━

Arietta was amused, her boyfriend had been trying to climb an apple tree to impress her. She had said that she would kill to have an apple that night. More like a joke, but Franco was a different breed, he always took her words seriously. And for some weird reason, she loved him for that.

As Franco tried to once again reach a steady branch, Elena came into the clearing with tears dropping off her face. Worried that something bad had happened, Arietta walked closer to the girl and put her arms around the Gilbert. Elena immediately welcomed the embrace needing some kind of assistance.

Ari didn't ask what was wrong, just keep whispering comforting words to her best friend. Knowing it might be about the one and only Matt Donovan, their relationship had been rocky for the past months. Matt kept forcing her to talk about the future, but young Elena just wanted to live the present without worrying about the future.

"Matt, —he and I, we broke up."

"Ssh, it's okay," Arietta comforted her, still had her arms around Elena.

"Do you want me to kick him where I assure you it will hurt?" Franco frowned at the two girls, not liking how her girlfriend wasn't happy.