Squib

To say that Fred was nervous about seeing Juniper the following day would be an understatement.

After he awoke the next morning, the memories of the night before came flooding back to him in a sort of foggy mist. He remembered not being able to shut up, talking the poor girl's ear off about anything and everything that came to mind.

He wondered if he scared her off–if maybe it was an awful idea to suggest the two of them go out together and then he proceeded to get piss drunk. Fred hadn't known her for long at all, he wouldn't even call it knowing her at this point, considering he was only able to get small facts out of her the night before. Or, at least, from what he could remember of the night before.

The majority of Fred's nerves vanish, however, when Juniper walks into the shop that evening, a small firework exploding right by her head moments after, "Sorry!" Fred yells from the back of the store, "One slipped out of my hand."

In all honesty, the mere sight of her made his palms sweaty. But, those thoughts he had when the breeze caught the hem of her sundress, or he caught a whiff of her perfume were all pushed to the back of his head. He and Angelina had only broken up yesterday, after all, and he barely knew this girl. If anything, Fred was just horny.

"Don't worry about it," Juniper smiles, sending a wave up to George who was stocking shelves on the second level, floating objects into their rightful places with a flick of his wand with his free hand running through his hair nervously while he made sure everything was going in the right place, "I guess I should get used to it being around you two."

Fred makes his way forward from the back of the shop, meeting her halfway at the counter set in the middle of the floor, "You're probably right about that." He wipes his palms on his khakis, smearing firework residue all over the fabric but he didn't notice, his eyes too focused on trying to read Juniper's expression.

"How are you feeling after last night?" She sets her bag down on the counter, peeling her cardigan off of her shoulders, leaving them only covered by the thin straps of her blue sundress.

"Uh, a slight headache but I took some hangover cure potion so I'm as good as new," He scrubs his hand against the back of his neck, "I was worried you wouldn't show after what a mess I was last night." He admits, bringing his hands back together to fidget with his fingers.

Juni frowns up at him. They're standing right in front of each other, only a couple of inches separating them as she ties her hair up into a ponytail, "What do you mean? You weren't a mess.' She assures him.

"From what I can remember I was quite embarrassing."

Juniper chuckles, a light airy sound that makes the corner of Fred's lips turn upward, "Please, don't be so hard on yourself. I had a great time." She waves him off, turning to the counter where there was a pot of tea and cups set out. She helps herself to some of the tea before speaking again, "If anything, it was a great beginning to our friendship."

Fred grins down at her, grabbing a box from behind the counter," Yeah, I think so too." He remarks.

Juniper brings the teacup to her lips and takes a sip, grimacing shortly after as she reluctantly swallows, "No offense, Weasley, but you two should stick to joke items. This tea is horrible." She says, "Mind if I make a fresh brew?"

Fred chuckles, making his way to the front of the store, "Help yourself." He calls over his shoulder, nodding up the steps in the direction of their flat. Juniper collects the teapot, holding it in her arms carefully as she makes her way up the steps, stopping only for a second to say hello to George.