1

The hidden district of Diagon Alley was special to wizards and witches in Great Britain. It's where the majority of them did their shopping for all their magical needs. Young Witches and Wizards could be seen throughout the area towards the end of August as they gathered all of their school needs before returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Inside Diagon Alley stood Fontaine's Enchanting Jewelry Shop which held cases of various shiny items, some of them containing special enchantments and others simply enchanting from the way they shone in the sun.

And inside of this small shop now sat a girl, her head directed downwards as she sat on a stool behind the main counter. She had her long hair pulled back into a ponytail with stray pieces falling out as if she had been tugging at it. With her large glasses perched on her nose, she seemed to be scribbling frantically into a journal, sketching out a portrait of someone that not even she was sure existed.

This girl was Juniper Banks, and her family happened to own the shop that she was currently sitting inside of. The shop had been passed down through generations on her mother's side and was now in the ownership of her mother, Ares Fontaine-Banks, and her father Everard Banks. Along with them, Juniper also had a brother Ronan who was currently training to be an Auror, which was rather brave at a time like this.

You see, it was now common knowledge to every witch and wizard that Lord Voldemort was back to full power and they were on the brink of yet another wizarding war. She honored her brother's bravery and that he was using his magic for good.

He was the lucky one out of the two of them, considering that Juniper's magical powers never actually manifested, and she was labeled a squib during the time she would be ready to join her brother at Hogwarts.

At this present point in her life she did not feel sorry for herself, nor did she want anyone else to. She had become used to the fact that this was how her life was going to go--she would work in her parent's shop and once they wished to retire it would be passed down to her and she would happily run it until the day she died, making her own jewelry for it along the way.

She became content with the aspect of making the shop more successful than ever, and she could do it all on her own. Sure, it would be nice to have a life partner to run it by her side and possibly have children to pass it on to, that particular path seemed to be closed off to her at the moment so she tried not to think about it too much.

Currently, the midsummer sun shined through the windows of the shop, creating beams of light that warmed the small store. While June preferred the rain, it was nice to have a sunny day in the alley as it usually brought more customers to browse.

Although, lately it was very rare that anyone came to Diagon Alley to simply browse. In fact, Fontaine's was one of the very few shops that weren't in danger of shutting down before the end of the season. Due to the ever-looming thought of another wizarding war, a lot of witches and wizards along with their families had either gone into hiding or were simply trying to stay under the radar, so shopping around wasn't high on their list of priorities.

But people always seemed to need jewelry and Fontaine's was the best place to get it. Unless you wanted a piece that was already cursed, then heading to Knockturn Alley and selling it to Burgon and Burke's would be the place for you. June knew the directions to the ominous shop very well as she had to direct people there who would come in trying to pawn off a piece of particularly dark jewelry to her, but with one look at it, she would politely direct them away.

See, while Juniper didn't have the magical powers a witch her age should possess, she did have one sense that seemed to develop over the last year of her life.