Ⅷ.

❝REVENGE FROM THE TOWER❞

REVENGE FROM THE TOWER

❝REVENGE FROM THE TOWER❞

breath intertwine

disgust made him blind

hope i declare

it turns to despair

Stunned and in shock, Yones's face was right up against Allith, their nose was touching and with just a little bit of movement, he'd know how those lips taste. He could feel how their breath intertwined.

"I..."

He started and looks into the young man's eyes, it was then that he gain his senses.

Yones push himself off of the boy, and due to the sudden movement, Allith was pulled along because of his move of entangling the man's neck. The man snatched his arms off and slap him, this series of actions made Allith fall almost hitting the cold hard floor if not for him grabbing onto the bed in time.

"You make me want to retch."

The man looks disgusted, it made Allith feels worse. He wanted to live, survive and continue to live. This was the first time he almost went all the way. When he was seducing Mr. Knight before, the man was just too innocent, although it still made him feel bad having to act in such a way despite being so powerful and prideful before, he was never humiliated directly but now--

"Ah... What am I doing?"

"What's wrong?! Have you gone crazy from just a single hit that you started talking to yourself?!"

Being so disgusted, Yones didn't bother to stay any longer and left Allith locked away alone once more. The freedom he had just gained not long ago was once again, gone.

After leaving the tower, the first person he meets was the incompetent knight who permitted Allith's freedom.

"Explain." His cold blue eyes swept toward the knight, demanding answers.

"I- I! No... uh... It- it was a mistake, your highness! I swear, it wasn't me!"

Yones snorts and wave his hand towards the other knight that had come to escort him.

"NO! Please, your highness! NO NO!!" The royal knights dragged the man away. "YOUR HIGHNESS, PLEASE!!"

"Your highness." It was his butler. The butler lowers his voice as he speaks, "As you asked, from what I have inquired, it seems there's a certain knight that visits the tower every day. There is also gossip that Sir Rowan of the Valor household would visit this place soon."

Yones waves his hand to show his disinterest and signal for a change of topics.

Knowing what topics would wake the man more interested, the butler continues-- "Recently, miss Warren has been showing interest in the hunting season and a noble from X household has been bothering her lately, as well as the noble lady from Y household."

...

Yones was tired today so to say, after locking up that bastard once more, he went to meet up with Ira, they went around town together with him disguised, just like old times. They had met in town when he was young.

Being young and weak as he was at the time, he had almost gotten kidnapped by a group of slave traders. At that moment, Ira appeared, despite being a young girl, she was strong and had learned to control mana enough to scare off the traders who thought she was a noble lady. She offers him her hand, and with a smile, she pulls him up and gave him a flower she came to sell.

It was then that he had also wanted to get stronger, strong enough to be the one to protect people in his kingdom. The kind young girl was included among those people. Later, they met again and develop a friendship, and he fell in love with her. Thus, Ira became important enough to be named and separated from the kingdom's citizens.

Thinking to here, a scene not connected to his line of thoughts appeared.

"Yones. I wonder what you want to do in such a position. Hm?"

Allith. The leader of the rebellion.

Despite saying such a thing, Yones could see the hint of humiliation in his golden eyes. At that moment, by instinct he said-- "You make me want to retch."

Yones had never been one to want to humiliate someone, but that look of despair. The despair of truly realizing his own predicament looks on Allith's frail face.

It just sends shivers down his spine. A hint of joy and unknown pleasure emerge.

 A hint of joy and unknown pleasure emerge