29

"To what do I owe your apology?" I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"I have to leave. Just for a few hours. You can wait here."

I shake my head. "No. I request you take me home or I'll accompany you." I tell him.

"I promise I won't stay long. Just wait here." He turns to leave.

"I snuck out for you. It's either I call my father, you take me home or you take me with you."

I see his body tense. "Let's go." He said after contemplating. It's a no brainer. Avoiding my father should be priority.

I follow behind him. He leads me to his car again. The ride is long. It seems like a reoccurring theme tonight. The time shown in his car reads 1:20am when the car comes to a stop. I look outside of the car. I can hear the slight sound of rap music. It appears to be the natural music of choice for parties current day. People are on leaving and others are sitting in the lawn.

"Are you staying or getting out of the car?" He asks.

It's early in the morning. Any other time of the day, I would agree to stay outside. However, I don't think I should stay inside of the car in a strange neighborhood. I open the car door without replying to him. He gets out also. I hear the sound of the car door locking.

I allow him to walk in front of me. He leads the way to front door of the house. It's open. He pushes it open and the heaps of people appear. Immediately, I recognize some faces. Of course I don't know their names, but I know that some of them attend our school.

"Luke!" Someone says over the loud music. I turn and narrow my eye in the direction of the person. "And Faye?" The last part comes out like a question. It's Micheal. His face is red along with his eyes. His blonde hair is tousled. His plain black t-shirt is crumpled. He seems confused. I am sure he didn't expect it see the both of us.

"Where is she?" Luke ask, ignoring his contorted face.

"Over there." Micheal points with his right hand.

"Stay here with her." He tells Micheal.

He pushes pass the people in front of him leaving me behind without a chance to say anything. "What are doing here, Faye?" Micheal turns to me.

Before I can answer, another one of the guys bumps in to Micheal. "Hey, F-Faith." Jammie slurs.

"Hi Jammie." I mumble.

"Yo, is that Faith." A ecstatic voice stumbles over to us.

"Hello, Kyle."

"Is he here... Oh, hi Faith."

"Alex."

"Why are you here?" Kyle asks.

"She came with Luke." Micheal tells them. My eyes focus on him.

"Why did she come with Luke?" Alex ask Micheal.

"I was just asking her that."

"Why are you with Luke?" They all ask at the same time.

"How are you all?" I ask them. It's an attempt to point out that their question is forward.

"Good." They all reply at the same time.

"Now, answer our question." Kyle says.

"No. " I tell them. "You guys travel in a pact. How interesting."

"Seriously?" Alex asks.

I shrug. "Ask him." He seems like a private person. I don't want to just tell his friends his business.