3. STUBBORN

15th September 2020

Eunha's mind was a mess. The only thing she continuously thought was how to prove her father not guilty.

*Knock knock*

"Eunha-ya why are you still laying on your bed? You have to go to the university" her mother said as she entered her room. "I need to go somewhere else mom" the girl replied lazily. "What do you mean?" her mother asked as she walked closer to the bed. "I need to get back at that asshole" the girl said as she sat up. "W-what do you mean? Listen I don't want you to go anywhere near Park Jin Young.... he's dangerous" Mrs. Moon warned her daughter cupping her cheeks. "Oh right! That guy too...but before that there's someone else that I need to deal with...Kai Kamal Huening" Eunha said gritting her teeth. "Either he has to get dad out of that place or return our money so we can hire another lawyer and re-open the case. I'm not letting him play dirty like that" she growled. "Eunha-ya..." her mother sighed.

-----

"Excuse me...where is that jerk- I mean Mr. Huening?" she asked the secretary. "He's busy with a case so you can talk with him after about three hours" she replied. Eunha left the law firm and stood near its entrance.

She gave the man a call, it took him a while to answer. "Mr. Kai Kamal Huening...I need to talk to you right now" "I'm with a client right now so I'll get in touch with you later" he replied which almost sounded like a whisper. "Don't you dare to ignore this... it's urgent" she replied impatiently. "Fine...I have to go somewhere else after this so meet me at The Bread cafe near the court" he replied.

She went to the cafe right away. "Good morning! May I take your order" a waiter asked her. "I'm waiting for someone... please get me a glass of water for now, thank you" she replied. Her stomach growled as she had skipped the breakfast. She wasn't in a mood to eat anything but she needed energy to deal with the man she was waiting for. "Here's your water" the waiter said. "Thank you...and I would like to order a cheese grilled sandwich" "sure maam"

After what felt like forever, Huening Kai walked into the cafe and looked for the girl. "There she is" he mumbled. "Miss Moon, did I make you wait for too long?" he asked as he took a seat opposite to her. "Yes" she replied with a poker face. "So...what is it that you wanted to discuss?" he asked. "Woah you are amazing...how can someone be so shameless" she furrowed her eyebrows. "Sorry? What do you mean?" he asked with a comfused look on his face.

"Look I'll get straight to the point...either you re-open the case and prove my father's innocence or give me back my money" she said. "I'm afraid that I can't do that" he smiled awkwardly. "What the fuck do you mean you can't do that? First of all you comitted a crime...you had the evidence but you decided to hide it and as a result an innocent person received an imprisonment. Also my parents earned that money by working hard unlike you who accepts bribe, how can you call yourself a lawyer?" she almost yelled. "Umm... people are looking at us. Please calm down" he whispered.

"Sorry to interfere but is something wrong? Did you have a fight with your girlfriend?" A tall man walked to them and smiled at them revealing his dimples. "Soobin hyung?" Huening Kai said. "Yeah...I just dropped by to check on my cafe" he chuckled. "I see...and hyung she's my client" Huening Kai replied awkwardly. "Ah I see...sorry for assuming" Soobin replied, his dimples still visible. Eunha just smiled awkwardly. "Sorry to disturb you guys...I thought something was wrong. I'll see you later" Soobin chuckled. "Sure...bye hyung" Huening Kai waved at the tall boy.

"Sorry for the disturbance" he said. "Whatever...you have two options so pick one and let me know till tomorrow" Eunha said and got up from her seat and walked out.

-----

16th September 2020

"I hope you've made your decision - Moon Eunha"

Huening Kai received the message as he was on his way to the law firm. He sighed at the stubbornness of the girl.

Eunha waited for a few hours but he didn't reply. She tried calling him but he didn't answer any. She was frustrated.

-----

17th September 2020

Eunha woke up early and went to the law firm and waited for him to arrive. Huening Kai parked his car and walked towards the entrance where he saw the girl but he ignored her and continued walking. "I know you saw me and I know that you're intentionally ignoring me" Eunha yelled. Huening Kai stopped in his tracks and sighed "How long are you going to continue this?" "Not untill my father gets justice or I get my money back so I can hire another lawyer" she darted. "You know that Park Jin Young can do the same with every lawyer you would try to take help from" he replied. "Not everyone is greedy for money like you" she scoffed. "It was my first time okay? I've never accepted any bribe, it's just that...that..." he couldn't find any words. "It's just that?" she mocked him to continue. "Okay fine I was greedy but what's done is done now... don't waste my time now" he turned away and left.

Eunha didn't give up, everyday she waited for him to arrive at the law form or leave the building but the lawyer either ignored her or made excuses to avoid her.

+×+