Chapter Twenty Nine

I had to publish this chapter quick after that little, um, event. I'm so sorry I had to do that. I had an idea, but Ender had to die in order for it to work. It's the only way he can get his happy ending. Don't worry, though. Ender isn't that easy to get rid of. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I gasped, getting used to the feeling of air going in and out of my lungs. I glanced around. I was in a place similar to the void, but it was an unending white. Off in the distance, I could barely make out a figure.

I struggle to my feet and walked towards the person. They whirled around and gave a yelp, then stopped.
"E...Ender?" They asked. I recognized that voice.
"Hera?"

The figure sighed and came closer.
"Where are we?" I asked. Hera shifted from foot to foot nervously.
"I was hoping you wouldn't end up coming here."
"What do you mean?" I demanded. Hera sighed and looked up at me. Her white eyes stared straight into mine, but I felt no anger.

"Monsters can never truly die. They get sent here until they are revived by a Brine. But both Herobrine and I are trapped here now, so there is no escape." She sighed again. "I'm sorry Ender. If it wasn't for my father and the dragon, you would still be at home, happy and with Camilia."

I sat down and took it all in. I couldn't even die anymore. I was truly immortal, forced to live in misery forever as all my friends, my family, and Camilia passed away. And worst of all, I was stuck here. This was worse than void.

A voice jolted me back to attention.
"Herobrine."
"Aw. I see you've discovered what happens when you die, Ender. You really are a clever one. Too bad you had to hang on to the human side of you. You would have made the perfect general of my army." He grinned wickedly.

"You can't die here, but you can experience pain, and I intend to make you and my daughter pay!" A bolt of lightning shot from his hands and slammed into my heart. I went into a rapid spasm and screamed.

Hera slammed into her father, knocking him aside and confusing him momentarily. He whirled around and sent a fireball towards her. She blocked it and sent it flying it back towards Herobrine. It knocked him out and he fell to the ground.

"Hurry! Before he wakes up!" Hera whispered and grabbed my hand. We hurried away from Herobrine, and didn't stop running until we were sure we were out of sight.